Student Campus Check In & Out
The Nova Scotia provincial government has just announced a change in public health directives relating to self-isolation requirements. Effective January 9th at 8 a.m., any traveller from New Brunswick must now complete a 14-day self-isolation period upon arrival in Nova Scotia.
Saint Mary's University has introduced a new campus check-in/out procedure for students as part of our commitment to providing a safe environment and increasing activities on campus.
Upon your arrival on campus for an event, or to access an available in-person service, you are expected to check-in and check-out by using the form available electronically.
You will be asked to provide:
- email address
- location on campus
- the time of check-in/out
- confirmation of COVID-19 screening criteria
This information will be used only to monitor resource demands on campus or for contact tracing purposes upon request from the Nova Scotia Health Authority in response to a confirmed case of COVID-19 (refer to the Privacy statement at the end of the form for more detail).
When do you have to complete the form?
You must complete it when accessing:
- Patrick Power Library (book pick-up or study space)
- O'Donnell Hennessey Student Centre (NOTE: Students with an appointment at Student Health Services do not need to complete the form. Check-in/out will take place during your appointment)
- Any in-person event or activity held on campus
- Other services as they become available
When do you NOT have to submit the form?
- When leaving AND returning to your on-campus accommodation such as dorm room or apartment.
- Homburg Fitness Centre has a separate scheduling and tracking system at this time. Click here for more information.
While on campus, everyone is required to abide by all Nova Scotia public health directives and advice including but not limited to the following:
- Mandatory requirements for COVID-19 self-screening included in the check-in/out form
- Masks must be worn in all public areas such as hallways and washrooms
- Physical distancing of 2 metres must be maintained at all times
- Maintaining good hygiene practice
- If you have any questions, please contact Student Affairs and Services by email.