Work In Canada

International students are able to work in Canada during full-time studies at Saint Mary’s. When you arrive in Canada and begin your full-time undergraduate or graduate studies, you will be able to work part-time (up to 20 hours a week) during academic study and full time (up to 40 hours a week) during school breaks. After these first six months, you are able to obtain an off-campus work permit and can work part-time off campus during academic study and full-time during school breaks.

Once you complete your degree, you are able to stay in Canada and work full-time, anywhere in the country, for up to three years as part of the Canada Experience Class. The Saint Mary’s University International Student Centre can assist you with the work permit process.


Share: Page Feedback