Apply for a Study Permit
To study in Canada, international students require a study permit and/or a visitor visa, issued by Canada immigration authorities.
Full information on how to apply for a study permit can be found on the Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website.
The CIC website has comprehensive information on how to get a study permit, including instructions on how to:
- Prepare to study by finding out what you need before applying for a study permit
- Determine your eligibility
- Apply for a study permit, including where to get application forms and guides
- Check Processing Times
- Get 'next steps' after you apply; and
- Prepare for arrival in Canada
American citizens or permanent residents of the United States can apply for study permits at the points of entry (border or airports) into Canada.