After You've Applied
You’ve applied to Saint Mary's University — now what? Here are some next steps:
1. Check your Application Status
Applied but haven't heard from us yet? Make sure that you’ve completed the first-year applicant checklist. Have you:
- Completed the application online or sent the
- Included $40 application fee
- Requested that your official high school transcript be sent directly to Systems & Records by your high school
- Sent a list of any courses you will be completing this year? If your current transcript does not include the incomplete courses that you intend to finish in high school, it is important that you send this information to Systems & Records. This includes a list of your second semester courses if you are a high school student and this information is not listed on your transcript.
- Waited a minimum of two weeks for your application to be processed.
If you completed all of these steps, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-902-491-6438 for an update on your application status.
Once you receive your official letter of acceptance by email, begin the application process for your study permit (visa). Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada for information about applying for your study permit in your country of residence. The International Centre provides information to help you through this process.
2. Join our Facebook Group
Connect with other incoming students and learn about contests and upcoming events by liking our Facebook page.
3. Visit the Campus
4. Apply for Student Visa*
Find out more at Citizenship & Immigration Canada.
*Only if you are an international student.
5. Register for Classes!
Selecting and registering for your classes secures your seat at Saint Mary's and lets us know we'll see you when your semester starts. Register early to get the classes and timetable you want!