Tuition and Fees
View Tuition and Fees for the Academic Year (September- August).
- Use our Tuition Calculator to estimate your tuition costs including residence & meal plan!
- SMUSA Student Fees and Medical Insurance fees
- Miscellaneous Fees
- Tuition and Fee Regulations
Tuition includes per course (half credit) mandatory fees: Arts Learning Resource ($10), Science Technology ($30), Sobey School of Business Career Services ($10), Campus Renewal ($35), Recreational Facilities Renewal ($11), Copyright ($3), Sports & Recreation ($5) and Student Services ($5).
*Nova Scotia residents receive the NS University Student Bursary of $128.30 per half-credit courses, which is deducted from the cost of each half credit (3 credit hour) course.
**International students who provide Landed Immigration or Permanent Citizenship papers to the Service Centre (Enrolment Services) will have their tuition adjusted, starting in the next academic term.
2019-2020 Student Fees
Student fees are comprised of:
- SMUSA (Saint Mary's University Student Association) fees (full-time or part-time)
- U-Pass (University bus pass)
- Medical & Dental (read below for opt-out instructions)
Full-time Student Fees- for students taking nine (9) credit hours or more in a term.
Students who register for the Winter term only will pay one term of student fees:
Full-time ($79.50-SMUSA + $78.50-U-Pass) OR Part-time ($29.50-SMUSA)
Part-time Student Fees- for students taking less than nine (9) credit hours in a term.
- If a student is registered in two or more courses for the May-June term they will automatically receive the Summer U-Pass at a cost of $80.00.
- Students who are taking one or more courses over the May - June and/or July - August terms can opt-in and purchase a U-Pass at the Service Centre for $80.00.
- U-Passes will be valid from May 1st- August 31st.
- For questions regarding the Summer U-Pass please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2019-2020 Medical & Dental Plans
Medical and Dental plans are administered by the Saint Mary's University Student's Association (SMUSA).
Medical and Dental Plan Information:
Students with comparable medical and dental coverage may opt out of the University medical and dental plans each year as indicated below:
Canadian Students: Opt out Online through SMUPort
International Students: To opt out of all or part of the health coverage, visit the Health Plan Office (Student Centre, Room 524), sign a waiver and provide proof of coverage.
Opt Out Deadlines: Fall Term - September 25, Winter Term - January 25
Questions? Contact the SMUSA Health Plan Office at email@example.com or 902.496.8754