Masters Certificate in Sales Leadership
Sales revenue is the lifeblood of every business.
Sales leadership has the single greatest influence on the sales team’s ability to deliver it. Lead your team to excellence.
The Masters Certificate in Sales Leadership equips sales leaders with the knowledge, tools and insights required to create, develop and maintain an effective sales force. You’ll have the opportunity to reflect on your team, your company, your style, and what needs to be done to plan and implement long term strategy and achieve in-year, short-term results. Participants will learn from industry leaders informed by leading-edge research and best practices, and will benefit from extensive sharing of ideas and experiences with other attendees from across a range of business sectors. The program will especially benefit sales leaders who manage a sales force that operates in today’s complex business-to-business environment. Participants will take away the following:
- Leadership principles and critical thinking skills
- Strategic business alignment plan
- Sales management process
- Segmentation and coverage strategy
- Opportunity and account management process
- Innovative approaches to motivation
- Coaching and mentoring models
- Maximizing today’s sales recruitment
- Performance management
- Change management skills
- Innovation modelling
- Adaptation of today’s social tool set for selling
Program Leadership Insights Include:
- Lead and implement a comprehensive, strategic and tactical approach across all facets of the sales organization.
- Support corporate strategy and team performance through innovative steward leadership.
- Influence and motivate performance through coaching, communication, recruitment, and learning.
- Connect and align internal and external stakeholders to lead and catalyze change.
- Integrate processes, structure, and tools to drive results.
Achieve your Masters Certificate in as little as 13 days over 3 months, or complete all individual modules at your own pace within three years. Module 3: Process must be taken last.
Note: Participants will present their organization specific case project in a confidential forum to receive feedback and guidance from the Advisory Council of the Centre of Excellence in Sales Leadership.
13 Day Masters Certificate
June 15 - September 30, 2021 (Three modules over 3 months)
Module 1: People (June 15, 16, 22, 23, 2021)
Module 2: Strategy (July 13, 14, 20, 21, 2021)
Module 3: Process (September 21, 22, 28, 29, 30, 2021)
Virtual Classroom Sessions run:
9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. (Eastern time)
10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Atlantic time)
Full Masters Certificate: $9,750
(Save $1695 over registering for individual modules)
Module 1: People: $3,525
Module 2: Strategy: $3,525
Module 3: Process: $4,395
- Fee includes program tuition and teaching materials
- A deposit of $1,000 CDN is required to secure your place in the program.
- Full program fee is payable prior to start of program.
- Our liability is limited to reimbursement of paid tuition fee.
- Contact us about multiple registration discounts from one organization, or a convenient tuition payment plan.
Masters Certificate in Sales Leadership
Location: Online Virtual Classroom Format
Benefit by attending with other participants from across Canada! Delivered simultaneously by select University Executive Education Network partner schools, using the virtual classroom environment to recreate the in-class experience with:
- Multi-modal presentation of materials
- Engaging activities and interactive exchanges
- Breakout discussions with the instructors and fellow participants
ZOOM Technical Requirements
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in or USB plug-in or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam - built-in or USB plug-in
- Note: Mobile devices such as a smartphone or tablet may be used but could limit the extent to which you can participate in some courses.
MODULE 1: Strategy - The What
In order to achieve long-term growth, sales leaders must learn to develop sales and marketing strategies that align with corporate strategy, and ensure these cascade down to the tactical level in client interactions to generate opportunity.
- Understanding Leadership and Enhancing Your Critical Thinking
- Strategy Alignment: Linking Sales Plans & Growth to Company Strategy
- Strategy Execution: Putting Your Strategy into Action
- Account Development & Opportunity Management Processes
- Leveraging the Most out of Today’s Channels
- Problem Solving and Innovating for Improved Performance in Complex Environments
- Sales and Marketing - Aliens or Humans?
Improve your leadership approach and ability to achieve in-year sales results and long-term returns; create a roadmap to grow revenue; translate organizational goals into tactics to optimize sales execution; inspire a client-centred approach to create value; build an account development and opportunity management process to drive competitive advantage; understanding how to optimize B2B; create and manage an innovation engine.
MODULE 2: People - The Who
Competing effectively requires a motivated and focused team. Sales leaders must maximize the potential of team members through breakthrough communications, coaching, recruitment and performance management. Today’s sales leaders are tasked with many challenges: increase revenues, reduce employee turnover, improve sales funnel velocity, enhance ROI, and manage, coach and motivate multigenerational teams, to name a few — all while achieving in-year results. But in today’s complex business environment, traditional approaches to sales management are increasingly ineffective. Transforming organizational sales requires creating a culture of agility by aligning strategy, people and processes.
- Influential Communication for Leaders
- Team Coaching & Mentoring Techniques to Drive Higher Performance
- Sourcing and Attracting Top Talent for Your Teams
- Models for Compensation, Incentive and Reward
- Understanding CRM
- Performance Management That Works Better
Learning Outcomes: Apply world-class coaching approaches with your current team; learn modern techniques to attract the best talent to your organization; improve critical components of the recruitment process to drive better candidate quality; leverage insights and to develop a more strategic approach to compensation; master the 10 steps in the “People Management Cycle”; identify where your gaps are and how to address them.
MODULE 3: Process - The How
To ensure they have the right processes and infrastructure in place to maximize results – such as systems to capture and analyze customer insights and drive innovative new business development to support a sales-driven organization.
- Re-Thinking Change Leadership
- Personal Psychology and Understanding the Powerful Techniques for Sales
- Digital Sales Leadership – Data Analytics, Data Acquisition, Digital Transformation
- Optimizing Customer Intelligence with Actionable Insights
- Exploring Social Selling Mastery™
Learning Outcomes: Enhance the alignment around required change; grow the average sale size, increase revenue, drive profitability and competitive advantage; Understanding stress and the factors inhibiting sales performance, leverage available data for digital sales leadership, attract buyers using social media, understand the power of Google in today’s selling world and leveraging LinkedIn for business development.
- Provides concrete, tangible skills, knowledge, and tactics to immediately improve your team’s results
- Furnishes you with the time and tools to reflect on your professional development, and plan and develop long-term organizational strategy
- Links theory to practice with interactive simulations, case studies, collaboration, and the use of online tools.
- Extensive opportunity for discussion of practical examples, success stories and challenges among experienced peer participants.
- Green Program! Participants will receive all program learning materials electronically. Please bring a laptop or suitable tablet to class. Alternative arrangements can be made upon request.
Who Should Attend
The program has been designed for sales executives with several years of leadership experience who are, or will be, responsible for strategic direction. This program is recommended for:
- Vice presidents, directors of sales, divisional managers
- National, international, regional or area sales managers
- Presidents of small and medium businesses
An entry interview assures the program will suit your experience and goals, and ensures the course will provide a fertile, collaborative learning environment with peer participants from a range of business.
This program is delivered in partnership with Schulich Executive Education Centre at York University.