Are you working remotely or managing employees in a virtual environment? Do you struggle with leading your virtual teams or keeping them focused and motivated?
Distance, lack of in-person connection, and new technology platforms can add additional obstacles to already challenging responsibilities. Whether you are leading from a home office or leading remote teams from your organization’s office, it can be challenging to adapt your management style and approach to lead, develop and support high performing teams.
In this seminar, you will learn to structure teams and responsibilities in a hybrid, remote, or virtual context. You will also develop your virtual leadership style, set outcome and goals with your remote team, provide effective coaching and feedback to remote team members, and hold team members accountable for results in the virtual environment.
This course will explore Virtual Management in an engaging and open environment where all participants learn from each other.
(Online: 2 partial days, 9 am - 1 pm, Atlantic Time)
- November 28 - 29, 2022
- May 29 - 30, 2023
Time Management & Productivity
- Managing distractions in your virtual office
- Schedules and responsibilities
- Filling the technical skills gaps through virtual training
- Measuring team productivity remotely
- Achieving a healthy work/life balance in a virtual environment
- Cultivating your virtual leadership presence
- Strengthening team networks for continued performance
- Building a foundation of coaching and feedback in the virtual world
Maintaining Team Engagement and Cohesiveness
- Best practice principles for collaborative platforms and virtual meetings
- Learning to use shared resources to eliminate rework
- Coordinating tasks and communications in a hybrid environment
- Creating trust and engagement in a virtual environment
Tips for Successful Remote Leadership
- The importance of virtual face to face time
- Planning effective meeting time
- It’s not all about the work – the importance of non-work related activities
What You Will Learn
- Build strategies to balance work and personal priorities
- Understand what will be required for each role to be productive in the virtual environment
- Support and train employees remotely
- Set new expectations and norms for business productivity
- Recognize the different considerations regarding communication and planning with remote teams
- Leverage technology for improved communication
- Hold yourself and team members accountable to high performance
Who Should Attend?
You will benefit from this seminar if you:
- are in a management or team leader position in Private, Public or Not for Profit Organizations
- are new to working from a virtual home office
- have little to no experience with remote employee management (hybrid, virtual, gig workers, etc.)
- are in a management/leadership position without benefit of previous training