Chinese Bridge - Chinese Proficiency Competition
Canada – Halifax Division
Chinese Bridge is an international competition in which non-Chinese university students can demonstrate their knowledge of Chinese language and culture – and have a lot of fun in the process. Taking part in Chinese Bridge is a great way to develop your language and presentation skills, and really helps you to take your Chinese to the next level.
Organized by the Center for Chinese-Foreign Language Exchange and Cooperation, the Education Section of the Embassy in Canada, and co-organized by Confucius Institute at St. Mary's University, the preliminary competition of the 22nd "Chinese Bridge" Chinese Proficiency Competition for International University Students will be held.
About the Competition
- Presentation with the topic: "天下一家 One world, One family"
- Division Venue: Confucius Institute at Saint Mary’s University/Dalhousie University Chinese Program, Halifax
- Registration date: April 1-15, 2023
- Time: to be confirmed after the registration deadline.
* Competitors who perform well in the Halifax Division will be recommended to the Ottawa Division.
Entry requirements for contestants:
The competition is open to people who satisfy the following criteria:
- University student
- Aged between 18 and 30
- Of non-Chinese nationality
- Born and raised outside of China
- First language is not Chinese
- Hasn’t participated in the semi-final and final competition held in China in previous years
This year's preliminary competition will be held in person and focuses on the contestants’ comprehensive ability to use the Chinese language and their knowledge about Chinese culture.
Competitors are judged in three areas:
- Chinese language proficiency
- Knowledge of China
- Chinese cultural performance
Prizes & Awards.
There will be four prizes:
- First prize ($200),
- Second prizes ($150 each)
- Third prizes ($100 each),
Other participants will be awarded the commemorative prizes. Certificates of honor will be issued by the Education Section of the Chinese Embassy in Canada, Confucius Institute at Saint Mary’s University/Dalhousie University Chinese Program.
Register your interest
If you think you might like to take part in the competition, please email Confucius.Institute@smu.ca to complete your registration.
For more information about the competition for International University Students, please clickThe 22nd "Chinese Bridge" Competition for International University Students
For more information about the competition for Secondary School Students, please clickThe 22nd "Chinese Bridge" Competition for Secondary School Students
For more information about the competition for Primary School Students, please clickThe 22nd "Chinese Bridge" Competition for Primary School Students