Career and Experiential Learning
Welcome to Career & Experiential Learning
Currently, our services are available in-person and virtually.
Located on the 4th floor of the O'Donnell Hennessey Student Centre, Saint Mary’s Career & Experiential Learning provides all students and recent alumni with the ability to expand their understanding of self, academic direction, and career planning. This is achieved through professional career counselling, job search skill development, innovative programming, experiential opportunities, and industry and employer connectivity.
We offer a wide range of support and services to help you succeed in your career:
- Career Counsellors: Help you create & improve your career plan and provide a safe place to talk about the challenges along the way
- Resume and Job Search Support: Meet with one of our Career and Employment Coaches for assistance in developing your job search skills. They can help you create and target your resume as well as conduct a practice mock interview
- Co-Curricular Record: Provides opportunities to get involved and to track and verify your activities
- Employer Engagement: Builds the bridge between employers and our campus
- Service Learning: Connects community-based experience with course content.
- Co-operative Education: Supports students who wish to do semester-long work terms as part of their degree.
Services provided through Career360° by Career and Experiential Learning continue to operate remotely during this time. Virtual appointment meetings and calls will be made through Microsoft Teams; all students have free access to Microsoft Teams through their @smu.ca e-mail address.
Full instructions on how to use Microsoft Teams can be found on the left-hand side of Career360° under "Student Resources." If Microsoft Teams is not accessible, solutions can be made on a case by case basis.