Student Information & Registration
Current Saint Mary's University students and recent graduates (all departments welcome) are invited to attend the 2022 Accounting & Finance Career Fair on September 13th, 2022! The annual Accounting & Finance Career Fair is your opportunity to connect and network with Atlantic Canada’s top Accounting and Finance employers.
The Accounting & Finance Career Fair will be held on Tuesday, September 13th, 9AM - 12 PM.
Registration will be available soon!
- Create your profile and upload your resume.
- View employers and their time for hosting chat rooms.
- View job postings.
Please visit the Exhibitors page and find out who is attending. We’ll be updating this page as exhibitors register!
Some organizations may post jobs prior to the Career Fair so we encourage you to check Career360° on a regular basis to keep up to date on employment opportunities.
Prepare for the Fair: Learn what to expect; prepare and practice your elevator pitch.
Top Questions: Accounting & Finance Career Fair
Who can go to the fair?
Current Saint Mary's University students and recent graduates from all faculties (Arts, Science, and Commerce) and invited to attend.
Why attend the fair?
The Career Fair is an excellent opportunity to network with representatives about opportunities within their organizations, as well as the type of skills, experience, and education required for these positions. At the Career Fair, each employer will have a booth so you can talk to their representatives about their company. During the information sessions, employers will present more information to students about their company and may also provide more detail on positions available and how to apply. The reception allows a more relaxed opportunity to chat with employers (including some recent graduates), faculty, and other students.
Do students need to register for this event?
Yes, however, there is no cost for students to attend the Career Fair.
Where is the fair?
What do I talk about?
- Prepare your Elevator Pitch to introduce yourself; show enthusiasm and interest.
- Be able to articulate your availability dates for work and where you are willing to work (location, etc.), should an employer ask.
What happens after the fair?
- Follow up on the contacts you made, via 'Thank you' emails (ideally within 24 hours).
- If discussed, send in your resume and cover letter to the employer.
- Search for job offers through regularly checking exhibitors websites, Career360° and Career Services Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Ask contacts if you can do an Information Interview with them to learn more about their firm or ask them to refer you to someone you can approach to do an Information Interview with. Book a job preparation appointment to get support around approaching and conducting an Information Interview.