The Student Health Clinic
Welcome to the Student Health Clinic.
We are the dedicated team of Saint Mary’s doctors and nurses who will see you for your medical needs during your time as a student. We offer a variety of services and aim to provide you with the best care.
Notice: The Student Health Clinic continues to provide care for patients during the COVID-19 pandemic. After booking your appointment, you will be provided with COVID-19 screening and clinic regulations. Learn more about Nova Scotia Public Health's COVID-19 response and check here for local exposure locations.
Our services are available to:
- All Canadian and international Saint Mary's students. We see all students whether they have a family doctor or not. However, we recommend that you see your family doctor where possible to allow for continuity of care.
- Partners and children of students
- Graduates, up to six months after graduation
- Grandfathered family practice patients
- Faculty and staff, for single walk-in issues
Appointments are offered in-person, by phone, and in some circumstances virtually. When booking your appointment time, we recommend allowing for one hour in case your appointment runs late. Please read our policiy for canceling appointments and our "no-show" appointment fee.
Booking your appointment
Our Pomelo Health portal allows patients to book, cancel and reschedule appointments, and communicate and send files with clinic staff. You may also use your phone to manage your appointments. Urgent appointments may be booked by phone.
Preparing for your appointment
- Complete any documents sent to you in advance of your appointment.
- For in-person appointments, please arrive at the clinic 15 minutes before your appointment time and check-in at the reception desk.
- For phone appointments, please have your ringer turned on and monitor your phone in the minutes before your scheduled call.
- For virtual appointments, please log in 10 minutes before your appointment time, using the link sent to your email. Please remain logged in until the doctor joins the appointment.
- Please bring your provincial health card such as your MSI card.
- International students who have the SMUSA International Basic Health Plan must present their international health plan card when booking their appointment and visiting the clinic.
Requests to cancel or change your appointment date or time must be made by phone or through the Pomelo Health portal no later than 2 p.m. (AST) on the business day (Mon-Fri) before your scheduled appointment. Patients who do not attend their scheduled appointment or cancel without proper notice will be charged a cancellation fee, collectible before your next appointment. Call (902) 420-5611 or log in to the Pomelo Health Portal.
To ensure you are well informed, please review our clinic policies and guidelines.
Location, Hours & Contact
Our clinic is located on the fourth floor of the O'Donnell Hennessey Student Centre
Hours: Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. - 12 noon and 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Phone: (902) 420-5611
Saint Mary's Student Health Clinic
O'Donnell Hennessey Student Centre, 403
923 Robie St.
Halifax, NS B3H 3C3