How to Apply
Application opens on January 8th, 2021
Complete your SLRA online application package to apply.
Section in Application
The Letter of Interest is evaluated based on:
Your Leadership roles over the last 12 months including:
What documents are needed?
Letter of Interest:
A Letter of Interest is an important component in your application package. In the space provided in the application form, we encourage you to write a letter that speaks to your leadership capacity supported by examples, achievements, and goals. Please incorporate examples demonstrating your leadership skills and abilities gained and/or exhibited.
Your letter should be written using a direct style and include the following:
- A detailed outline of your most significant leadership achievements in the past 12 months. Please keep in mind that the SLRA adjudication committee does not know you as an individual and is not aware of your achievements, therefore ensure to provide the whole picture and enough detail for them to fully grasp your involvement.
- Discussion and direct examples of how these achievements and leadership roles demonstrate your specific impact (individually, locally, or globally)
- An explanation of how these experiences relate to you're current short and long-term goals
- We understand many students are modest about their accomplishments but please do not refrain from providing the full impact or scope your involvement due to modesty. The adjudication committee wants to know.
Your letter will be evaluated on the following:
- Engagement in both on and off campus opportunities
- Initiative and action (ability to recognize opportunities and lead projects)
- Leadership achievements (quantitative and qualitative results in projects, daily activities, etc.)
- Intensity and scope of the impact (impact on your team, group or the community)
Your Letter of Interest will be limited to 3300 characters (approximately 500 words).
Submit your Official Co-Curricular Record. Please visit Career360° to build a CCR. We advise you to start this early to build a holistic CCR and to ensure your requests to add positions to your record are approved before the deadline.
Unofficial Academic Transcript:
You can access your unofficial academic transcript from Self-Service Banner.
Letter of Recommendation:
- Only one-character reference can be submitted with your application printed on letterhead and be between 1 to 2 pages.
- This must be provided by your supervisor who is affiliated with your leadership activity. The letter of reference can be uploaded to in your application package on Career360° or your supervisor may email it directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure everything is uploaded to Career360° before the deadline.