It is the mission statement of the Saint Mary's University Intramurals program to provide an atmosphere where all SMUdents may develop leadership skills through the provision of interactive sports programming during the academic year, it is also in this environment where life-long friendships are created.
- To offer an environment where recreation and competition meets diversity
- To provide students with activities and facilities that are conducive to excellence
- Teamwork- We realize that working together to achieve a common goal always yields great results
- Diversity - We understand the vast expanse of different cultures, therefore, we offer a space for everyone to feel at home
- Sportsmanship - Comradery is the pride of Saint Mary's University; here we foster it
- Integrity - We always maintain fairness and a moral standard for all participants
- Registration for each sport begins on August 30th. For the winter semester, registration begins on January 1st. Due to space restrictions, there may be limits to the number of available team spaces
- Only online registration is available
***PLEASE BRING YOUR STUDENT CARD TO EVERY INTRAMURAL GAME
- Current varsity athletes are not eligible to play their respective sport during the Intramural season
- ANYONE IN VIOLATION OF INTRAMURAL RULES AND REGULATIONS AND/OR ENTERING WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION WILL BE BANNED FROM THE PROGRAM AND/OR FURTHER PENALTIES
- TEAMS WITH INELIGIBLE PLAYERS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LEAGUE
Full-Time SMU Student
- Get your student card validated at the library
- Show student card to SMUfit staff at the Homburg Centre. Completion of paperwork is required
- There is NO cost for Full-Time students
- Organize or get in on Intramural team/register as an individual
- Register ONLINE before the deadline
- On game days, you MUST bring in your student card to access facilities
Officials will be needed for all sports. Anyone interested in officiating, timekeeping, or reffing please apply with resume via email at email@example.com or contact the head intramural coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fall Banquet: last Thursday in November; Winter Banquet: Last Thursday in March
- Food, Refreshments & Prizes!
- Open to all Intramural Athletes and officials
- Winter Banquet 2019: March 27th, 2020
- Fall Banquet 2019: November 28th, 2019
SMUfit Memberships are MANDATORY for all Intramural participants.
We are not taking registration at the moment.
And don't forget to like us on Facebook