News & Updates
Valued SMUfit Members and community,
On Dec. 21st, Nova Scotia Public Health announced the return of specific restrictions (Restrictions Return Provincewide - Government of Nova Scotia, Canada) in reaction to the recent spike in COVID cases and the threat of the Omicron variant within our province. These restrictions came into effect on the morning of Wednesday, December 22nd.
To comply with these restrictions and to ensure the safety of our members, SMUfit announced a number of new measures on our SMUfit Member Update - Dec 21, 2021.
Further to our update on December 21st, we wanted to share some additional measures that are being announced to ensure the continued safety of our members as we move into the month of January. These new measures will come into effect as of Monday, January 3rd;
- Bookings will resume for the following activities;
- Fitness Centre access (weight room, cardio room, spin room)
- Squash Courts
- Enacting maximum capacities in the following fitness areas:
- Fitness Centre - 55
- Squash Courts – 8 (2 people per court maximum)
- Bookings for the Fitness Centre will be 1.5 hours in length. Bookings for the Squash Courts will be remain at 1 hour in length.
- Individuals will be able to enter the facility no more than 15-minutes prior to the start time of their scheduled booking appointment (squash or fitness).
Multi Visit Passes (5 and 10 punch) and Day Passes will still be permitted to book into sessions, but do not have the ability to book in advance. Additionally, these pass users must complete contact tracing forms each time they come to the facility.
‘How to’ guides and videos for the following topics have been created, and can be found at the following link: Online Member Portal - How to guide
- How to create a profile in the member portal
- How to book an exercise/squash time (Community Member)
- How to book an exercise/squash time (SMU Student)
- How to Cancel an online reservation
As a reminder, the following safety measures for members remain in place;
- Equipment has been spaced out by a minimum of 2 metres (6 feet) for proper physical distancing.
- Some equipment may not be available to ensure physical distancing and we ask that you only use equipment that is open for use.
- Group Fitness class start dates have been pushed back to January 17th.
- Masks are required except while exercising.
- Steam and saunas will remain closed.
We thank you for your patience through this difficult time and encourage everyone to continue wearing your mask, show proof of vaccination upon entry to the Homburg Centre, and while exercising remember to maintain 6 feet of distance to ensure everyone’s safety.
Thank you for choosing SMUfit for your fitness and wellness needs, we hope you have had a healthy and happy holiday season and we look forward to seeing you in our centre in the New Year!
For questions or concerns please email: email@example.com