Fred Smithers Centre
Scholarships and Bursaries
Students registered with the Fred Smithers Centre may be eligible for financial assistance. There are a number of entrance and returning awards that are available each year.
To be considered, students must apply for services with supporting documentation no later than June 30th.
· Fred Smithers Entrance Scholarship-$2000
· Jim Pineo Scholarship-$2700
· Nicola Schwind Memorial Scholarship-$5600
Named Undergraduate Awards
These are available annually to returning Saint Mary’s University students. The criteria for these awards varies from academic achievement, financial need, specifically disability groups, and between faculties. All students are encouraged to apply each year and should highlight their unique, individual qualities. Applications are made available through the Financial Aid and Awards website and are due at the beginning of May each year.
· VII Pan Am Wheelchair Games Bursary-$200
· ‘88 Campaign Scholarship-$700
· Andrea Peer Memorial Scholarship-$700
· Beaverbrook Canadian Foundation Accessibility Scholarship-$1300
· David Leitch Bursary-$2000
· Dr. John Campbell Scholarship-$1800
· Frank & Louise Donohoe Family Scholarship-$1300
· Fred Smithers Undergraduate Scholarship-$2000
· Heather Robertson Scholarship-$2000
· The Joyce Family Foundation Opportunities Bursary -$2000
· Kathleen Shaw Hearing Impaired Student Endowment-$1400
· Kimberly-Clark Scholarship (Formerly Scott Maritimes)-$700
· Marguerite, Joseph and Charles Hinman Memorial Scholarship-$2000
All amounts are approximate and may be subject to change.