Resume & Job Search Support
Do not understate the importance of being prepared for your job search, as employers know the difference between students who have used Career Services and those who have not. A modern, up-to-date resume and a well-communicated cover letter are essential for communicating your skills, experience, knowledge, and value required for job success.
Who can access our services?
Our services are for all current students and Alumni (up to three years post-graduation).
How will you benefit?
- Stand out from other candidates with an accomplishment-based, targeted and persuasive resume
- Identify and communicate your personal brand
- Create a successful job search strategy
- Learn the latest job search tools
- Network with key people
- Prepare for a winning interview
View our Student Resource Guides for help on specific topics:
Workshops & Events:
Resume & Cover Letter: Your resume and cover letter are often your first introduction to employers.
- Step 1: Attend a Resume & Cover Letter Workshop to find out the basics
- Step 2: Bring your resume and cover letter drafts to our daily walk-in sessions and receive 1:1 assistance
Job Search Seminar: This is an intensive 4-part advanced workshop designed for third-year students and above to further develop the skills, tools, and knowledge required to secure your professional job. You will learn to create and launch an effective job search campaign while networking with a close cohort of fellow full-time job seekers.
You will learn how to:
- Shorten the job search process
- Identify ideal roles and be noticed by hiring managers and employers
- Gain visibility on social media
- Find hidden jobs
- Network and effectively build relationships
- Ace the interview
Upon completion, receive:
- CCR Recognition
- Certificate of completion
- Invitation to the “Career Café” for ongoing support from your network
Working in Canada Series: This is a 4-part series for all students and offers important insight and knowledge needed to start, develop and maintain their careers. This is a peer-supported seminar where students of all backgrounds discuss career-related issues and learn from each other and career professionals in a safe space.
You will learn how to:
- Identify how to gain industry experience while in school
- Develop effective job search strategies
- Optimize LinkedIn and learn effective networking skills
- Connect with employed alumni and recruiters
Workshop Wednesday Series: Turbo-charge your job search with this series of rotating workshops every Wednesday and land the job you want.
Job Search: Increase the effectiveness of your job search by standing out from other candidates. Learn different strategies and tips for a successful job search.
- Job Search Workshop – Join our Workshop Wednesday Series
- Career Café – Network and share resources and ideas with other students and graduates in the job hunt
Networking: Learn to connect with key people in the industries, fields, and jobs that you are interested in, gaining valuable insight and generating employment leads.
- Step 1 - Attend a Networking Workshop
- Step 2 - Book an appointment for a one-on-one session to learn the basics of networking
Interviews: Succeed in the interview by communicating your value to the interviewer. Learn to make the required connections between your skills, knowledge and experience, and the job.
- Step 1 - Attend an Interview Workshop
- Step 2 - Book an appointment for a one-on-one interview information session and a mock interview
LinkedIn: Linkedin.com is an essential professional networking platform and job search tool where you can find key contacts, research companies, locate opportunities and be visible to hiring managers and recruiters.
- Step 1: Attend a LinkedIn Workshop
- Step 2: Book a 1:1 appointment and fine-tune your profile
- Check our events page for our bi-annual LinkedIn photo shoot and get your professional photo done