Strategic Planning Group Named
Date Published: January 22, 2019
In 2012, Dr. Pat Bradshaw, then Dean of the Sobey School of Business, joined with a group of Sobey community members including staff, faculty, alumni and partners, to develop the central priorities of a new Strategic Plan. These were unveiled late in 2012. The plan aligned with the school’s newly-developed mission, and with the overall vision and mission of Saint Mary's University.
The Sobey School of Business, through active learning and the creation and mobilization of scholarship, prepares citizens of the world to lead sustainable, entrepreneurial businesses and communities.
You may view the key priorities of the Strategic Plan 2013-2018 as well as reports on results on the Sobey School website: https://www.smu.ca/academics/sobey/sobey-about-mission-and-strategy.html
Dr. Harjeet Bhabra has convened a new Strategic Planning Working Group (SPWG) from the Sobey School community to review and build on the successes of the existing plan and carve out a strategic direction for the future that further enhances the reputation and profile of the Sobey School of Business. The SPWG will consult with different stakeholder groups including faculty, students, staff, alumni and the broader business community as it works to develop our strategic priorities.
The SPWG is expected to communicate updates throughout the process and invite members of the Sobey community to contribute and help develop a collective vision of the future.
Members of the new Strategic Planning Working Group are:
- Harjeet Bhabra, Chair and Dean, Sobey School of Business
- Yigit Aydede, Faculty member – Economics
- Meghan Brodmann, President, MBA Student Society
- Saeed El-Darahali, President & CEO, SimplyCast;Alumni, MBA, Entrepreneur
- Rahman Khokhar, Faculty member – Finance, Information Systems and Management Science
- Samantha Kieffer, President, Commerce Society
- Natalia Kochetova, Program Co-ordinator, PhD, Faculty member – Accounting
- Catherine Loughlin, Associate Dean Research & Knowledge Mobilization; Faculty member - Management
- Margaret McKee, Program Co-ordinator, MBA; Faculty member – Management
- Jane Mulatz, Director, Strategy & Accreditation
- Karn Nichols, Manager, Graduate Career Services; Alumni, MBA
- Ramesh Venkat, Director, David Sobey Centre for Innovation in Retailing and Services; Faculty member – Marketing