Extracurricular activities help round out your university experience. You will develop social and business networks, master new skills, make a difference in your community and build your resume when you get involved. Plus, you may just have fun. Saint Mary's University offers a Co-Curricular Record to help you capture your experience for your professional portfolio.
Whether undergraduate or graduate, as a student at the Sobey School, you can:
Work as a BCOM Student Ambassador
BCOM Student Ambassadors support the BCOM Program by interacting with prospective students and their supporters at recruitment events and by providing a student perspective on the business school and university. For more information, please read the BCOM Student Ambassador job description.
Does this sound like a job for you? We invite you to apply here.
Join a society or student group:
- Join one of our business societies to gain professional connections and experience.
- Make friends, explore interests and develop connections through one of Saint Mary’s other student groups and societies.
- Join Enactus Saint Mary's and make a difference through projects that help our local, national and international communities.
Compete or participate in skill-building events:
- Test your presentation skills and business knowledge, and solve real-world challenges by taking part in a business case competition.
- The David Sobey Centre for Innovation in Retail and Services hosts live case competitions and Hackathons.
- The Spark Zone is an on-campus start-up sandbox that can help connect you to supports for your start up.
- Help manage a real investment fund: join our student-run IMPACT Investment Fund.
- Join Venture Grade, a student-run venture capital investment fun.
Learn from community leaders:
- Learn from industry thought-leaders by attending exclusive talks, seminars and presentations.
- Watch our BComm and MBA pages on Facebook to win tickets to community business events.
Stay in Touch
Follow us on social media!
All the information you need, delivered to your inbox: Watch for the Sobey School of Business N.E.W.S. and More email newsletter. Not receiving the email? Subscribe below!