Our mission to create and mobilize scholarship is aided by five active research centres that are exploring cutting-edge topics in retail innovation, social impact measures, co-operative accounting and management, and economics of immigration, among other topics.
- The David Sobey Centre for Innovation in Retailing and Services (DSC) is the leading source of expertise in retailing, offers education tailored to the needs of the industry and conducts cutting-edge research in retail innovation.
- The Atlantic Research Group on Economics of Immigration, Aging and Diversity (ARGEIAD) focuses on the economic significance of immigration, diversity and aging. The centre provides a platform to researchers, policymakers, policy practitioners and business organizations to exchange ideas and conduct research on these issues in a regional, national and international context.
- The Centre for Leadership Excellence (CLE) has two streams of work: the first is CLE Capacity Building for Innovation (CBI), which contributes to capacity building for innovation and economic development in the global economy, and studies the role of innovation and its effects on the economy and society. The second, Impactlab, aims to foster an environment where emerging models of leadership can be explored and the theoretical and practical value of these models can be shared with stakeholders.
- The Centre of Excellence in Accounting and Reporting for Co-operatives (CEARC) provides a focal point for policy development, academic and applied research, and critical reflection on industry practices in the area of accounting for cooperatives and credit unions.
- The International Centre for Co-operative Management (ICCM) is a leader in management education, applied research, and knowledge dissemination for the cooperative, credit union, and mutual sector.
Besides these research centers, the Sobey School of Business is a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) initiative and committed to working on the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). We are proud to be selected as PRME Champions, a group of PRME signatories who have committed to being leaders in responsible management education, for 2020-2021.
Saint Mary's University is home to a number of research centres and institutes: