BCOM Academic Advisors are experienced in helping students navigate their degree program and academic journey in the BCOM Program and Saint Mary's University. Academic Advisors strive to empower students by helping your learn about the resources, strategies, and tools needed to transition through your time in the BCOM program. Advisors are committed to providing a supportive environment that focuses on individual student need and prioritizes your educational, professional, and personal development. As your advisors, we can help you identify your goals, strengths, and interests to help you make informed decisions. Students can book an appointment through our online booking system to meet with an Academic Advisor. Appointments are available in-person, online (MS Teams), or by phone. Appointment delivery is identified when booking your appointment.
Academic Advising Resources
Drop-In Academic Advising Information
Students can access in-person and virtual drop-in academic advising through the BCOM Academic Advising & Success Centre Brightspace. Students can attend a drop-in advising session via Zoom for one-on-one advising or in person in the Advising Centre. Students will wait in a queue in the Waiting Room of the Zoom meeting and the advisor will admit students one by one throughout the drop-in period. Students attending on campus can visit room SB 252 to check-in and wait to meet with an advisor
Drop-In Sessions take place:
- Virtual: Mondays 11:00am-12:00pm with Wendy - Click to join the drop-in advising session
- In Person: Wednesdays 3:30pm-4:30pm with Emma - Sign in at SB 252.
- Virtual: Fridays 11:00am-12:00pm with Emma - Click to join the drop-in advising session
Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
BCOM Academic Success Resources
The BCOM program offers free academic success resources for undergraduate commerce students. More information and resources can be found on the BCOM Academic Success Brightspace. Support and resources include:
- BCOM Peer Academic Support (PAS) Program
- Free Peer Academic Study Sessions for many BCOM core courses.
- Study Hall Sessions for many BCOM core courses.
- Access to flexible schedule of academic support sessions for many BCOM core courses.
- BCOM Academic Success Sessions for students offered by students and Academic Advisors. See the schedule on the BCOM PAS program Brightspace.
- BCOM Core Course and Academic Success information, tools, and resource library.
I need help, but don’t know where to go?
We know that many students experience different challenges during their time in the BCOM program. If you need help, come to speak with an Academic Advisor. Not sure if we are the right place to help you? Visit us anyway. We can help students understand and explore different options and services on campus when you are experiencing personal challenges or an emergency.
BCOM Academic Success & Advising Centre contact and location information:
Sobey 252 (just off the main Sobey Building lobby)
903 Robie St, Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3C3
Email: email@example.com | Phone: 902-491-6532
- Jill Thomas, Senior Academic Advisor, SB 237
- Emma Wicks, BCOM Academic Advisor, SB 254
- Wendy Wang, BCOM Academic Advisor, SB 239
- Sarah Joyce, BCOM Program Assistant, SB 252
Looking for Graduate Student Advising? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org