News & Media
RISE Executive Education Program 2019
Date Published: April 15, 2019
The David Sobey Centre’s annual RISE (Retail, Innovation, Strategy & Excellence) Program took place last week from April 7th-12th at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, NS. The program is designed for Retail Executives to give them the tools, skills and insights to stay ahead of the curve, help them be leaders and to build a culture of innovation within their companies.
This year brought fifteen participants from across Canada from companies including Sobeys, NSLC, LCBO, Kent, Parts for Trucks, Bishop’s Cellar and MacQuarries Pharmasave. The mix of contrasting retailers and their sectors made for many dynamic in class discussions which lead to new ideas and created an engaging learning environment. Over the course of six days, many new and valuable networks/friendships were built through the various collaboration projects and social events that were part of the program.
Program instructors and topics:
- Ramesh Venkat - Digital Retailing and Customer Experience
- David Weiss - Creating a Culture of Innovation
- Kevin Kelloway - Transformational Leadership in Retail
- Brynn Leard - Data Driven Retail Decision Making
- Kena Paranjape - Retail Landscape and Strategic Thinking
- Ramy Nassar - Value Proposition and Innovation Model
Next year we hope to grow the program to be bigger and better than ever! Hope to see you there at rise 2020!