Hosting symposia is an important ongoing initiative for us. The objective of each symposium is to bring together experts with diverse perspectives in order to explore solutions to tough questions and gain valuable insights. The outcomes of the symposia support our research and education programs, plus generate benefits for the global co-operative sector by elevating our collective understanding of co-operative management and governance.
Second International Co-operative Governance Symposium - June 2021
Our centre is hosting the second International Co-operative Governance Symposium from June 17-19, 2021 at Saint Mary's Univserity (Halifax, NS, Canada). This engaging gathering of co-operative professionals, experts and researchers will investigate the diverse landscape of co-operative governance practice that is participatory, people-centred and democratic.
Our past symposia have provided a wealth of resource material for those interested in exploring the co-operative and credit union sector. Find papers, power-points, symposia presentations and more.
- 2nd International Symposium on Accounting and Reporting for Co-operatives - June 2018: Co-hosted with the Centre of Excellence in Accounting and Reporting (CEARC), the 2nd International Symposium on Accounting and Reporting was a meeting of experts in the field that convened in Oxford, UK. More details here.
- International Co-operative Governance Symposium - September 2013: Access symposium presentations and the Governance Symposium Summary Report (ICA Blueprint for a Co-operative Decade) here.
- Co-operative Legislation and Public Policy Symposium - June 2009: Access symposium presentations here.
- Symposium on The Co-operative and its Workers - June 2006: Access symposium presentations here.
- Symposium on Co-operative Accounting - June 2005: Access symposium presentations here.