The Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions, Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management, and Certificate in Co-operatives Management (all online, parttime programs) provide a thorough understanding of the co-operative business model, and build exceptional management skills. Jump to the details on the Certificate program here.
The Masters and Diploma programs immerse co-op practitioners in the values and principles of co-operation, propelling them to exceptional growth in their careers. Our curriculum explores:
- the origins and evolution of co-operatives
- global economy and society
- an exploration of a range of business models
- strategy and innovation
- leadership and governance
- accounting and finance
- leading and managing people
- technology and communication
For specific course information, view the Course Descriptions page.
Master's Program (3 years)
- Take part in a face-to-face orientation at the start and build relationships with your fellow students and faculty (to be held August 10-15, 2019).
- Study part-time while working in the co-operative sector and immediately apply your learning.
- Use your co-operative as a case study throughout the program so you can integrate new knowledge as well as add value to your co-operative in the short and long terms.
- Experience co-operation at work with a 10-day study tour to Italy or Spain.
- Complete a research project tailored to your specific interests.
Graduate Diploma (20 months)
We have responded to requests from the sector to create a shorter, less intensive program option.
Our Graduate Diploma gives you the chance to take foundational courses in all management disciplines and complete a final research paper catered to your interests. Attend the face-to-face orientation and join a combined cohort with our Master’s students. The courses you complete in the Diploma can be applied to the Master’s degree if you choose to continue your studies.
The Certificate in Co-operative Management is comprised of a set of online and part-time courses designed to be completed in 10 months. These courses will enhance your practical knowledge of the relevance and impact of the co-operative business model. In addition to joining a diverse international network, you will acquire an expanded toolbox of co-operative and credit union specific management tools and best practices related to strategy, financial sustainability, and innovation.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will receive an executive professional development Certificate in Co-operative Management. If you wish to continue your studies with our Graduate Diploma or Master’s, you will receive course credit toward these academic programs.
Program Structure: Interactive courses are delivered using an Online Learning Platform (Brightspace) and are structured using a mix of individual, group, and full class learning methods. There is flexibility in the structure of our program; you participate in courses from your home or office at times and days that work for your schedule. To be successful in these courses, you must have enough time and discipline each week to read articles, interact in online discussions, and write assignments.
Our Executive Education courses give senior managers, CEOs and board members the opportunity to join us for a unique learning and networking opportunity. View the upcoming course offerings.