The Master of Management, Co-operatives and Credit Unions and Graduate Diploma in Co-operative Management (part-time, online programs) provide a thorough understanding of the co-operative business model, and build exceptional management skills.
The Masters and Diploma programs immerse co-op practitioners in the values and principles of co-operation, propelling them to exceptional growth in their careers. Our curriculum explores:
- the origins and evolution of co-operatives
- global economy and society
- an exploration of a range of business models
- strategy and innovation
- governance and participation
- accounting and finance
- organizational behaviour and leadership
- digital transformation and communication
For specific course information, view the Course Descriptions page.
Master's Program (3 years, part-time, online)
- Take part in an orientation at the start and build relationships with your fellow students and faculty. The 2021 orientation will be offered in a virtual format and is scheduled for August 9-13 (timing to be confirmed once cohort time zones are known).
- Study part-time while working in the co-operative sector and immediately apply your learning.
- Use your co-operative as a case study throughout the program so you can integrate new knowledge as well as add value to your co-operative in the short and long terms.
- Experience co-operation at work with a 10-day study tour to Italy or Spain.
- Complete a research project tailored to your specific interests.
Graduate Diploma (16 months, part-time, online)
Our Graduate Diploma gives you the chance to take foundational courses in a variety of management disciplines. Attend a virtual orientation and join a combined cohort with our Master’s students. The courses you complete in the Diploma can be applied to the Master’s degree if you choose to continue your studies (seamless transition if you choose to go onto the Master's program). The Graduate Diploma program is course-based and does not require a final project/paper (this is a change, implemented in 2021).
Comprised of a set of online and part-time courses designed to be completed in 10 months. These courses will enhance your knowledge of the relevance and impact of the co-operative business model and expand your toolbox of co-operative and credit union specific management tools and best practices. Complete the Certificate in Co-operative Management and get advanced standing for the Master's and Graduate Diploma Programs. Learn more.
Our Executive Education courses give employees, senior leaders and board members the opportunity to join us for a unique learning and networking opportunity. Learn more.