News & Events
CME Program Information Webinars
Attend one of our online webinars to get a better understanding of our programs and opportunities from the comfort of your own office, anywhere in the world. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. See the main page for a listing of upcoming webinars.
If you like to be informed about an upcoming webinar or to set up a one-on-one session over the phone, please contact email@example.com
Upcoming Short Courses
- Operationalizing the Co-operative Identity- Strategy to Practice - October 20-21, 2021 offered in collaboration with NCBA-CLUSA Co-operative IMPACT Conference (registration open).
- CanadaDE (Credit Union Development Education) Leadership Program (HALIFAX): May 29-June 3, 2022.
International Co-operative Governance Symposium
From June 17-19, 2021 (online), the Centre convened the second International Co-operative Governance Symposium which showcased and debated new and different governance frameworks that focus on the people-centred, democratic, and jointly-owned nature of co-operatives. Report forthcoming in August.
International Study Tours - Italy and Spain
We have two international co-operative study tour options at this time, which we offer on a rotating year-to-year basis. Each year, we offer a few non-student spots on our tours to the Emilia-Romagna region of Italy or Mondragon, Spain to experience hands-on learning focused on models of co-operative excellence. We have postponed all tours until the Covid-19 situation has settled. Stay tuned for more details here.
ICCM Program Promotion Trips
ICCM makes regular recruitment/partnership trips around the globe. Maybe we will be near you! If you would like to coordinate a meeting or visit your co-op, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Stay Connected with E-News!
The International Centre for Co-operative Management e-news provides the latest highlights on co-op education, research and more. Subscribe here.
Past Webinars - Enjoy the Recordings!
See the for a listing of upcoming webinars.
- Global Research on Environment and Co-ops (ICA-EU Partnership) with Jeffrey Moxom, Simren Singh and Melvin Khabenje held October 18, 2021. The recording can be found here, and the Cooperation for the Transition to a Green Economy (2021) report can be found here.
- Digging into the Global Research on Youth and Co-ops with Jeffrey Moxom, Simren Singh and Melvin Khabenje held March 24, 2021, and the recording can be found here.
- A Broader History of Co-operation: from Europe to the World with Nazik Beishenaly held February 11, 2021, and the recording can be found here.
- How Inter-cooperation Strengthens Co-operatives, Economies, and Communities facilitated by Karen Miner, Cory Munden, Kelly Storie and Colette Lebel and hosted by Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada, held February 10, 2021, and the recording can be found here.
- Indigenous Rights and Inclusion in Co-operatives with Mary Nirlungayuk (Arctic Co-operatives Ltd.), Joanne Stone-Campbell (Vancity Credit Union) and Lisa Clatney (Saskatoon Community Clinic), held November 30, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- Indigenous Rights and Inclusion in Co-operatives with Dr. Priscilla Settee & Dr. Isobel Findlay held on Nov 23, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- Passing the Torch - Propelling Co-ops Forward with Erin Hancock, Iva Jankovic (Master's student), Josh Noble (Graduate Diploma graduate), Tim Ross held on Nov 18, 2020 (This webinar is hosted by Canada's Emerging Co-operators, Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada). Find the recording here.
- The Co-operative Advantage with Dr. Daniel Côté was held Nov 3, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- Co-operatives and New Economic Paradigms with Sonja Novkovic held on Oct 15, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- The Co-operative Model - Its Contributions to the UN Sustainable Development Goals and New Economic Paradigms with Sonja Novkovic (hosted by the ICA Coop Academy #coops4dev), held on Oct 2, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- Another Way? How about Business Conversions to Co-operatives (hosted by Co-operatives and Mutuals Canada) featuring two of our faculty members - Dr. Marcelo Vieta and Dr. Fiona Duguid held Sep 9, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- Lessons from Argentina's Worker Recuperated Enterprises: Co-operatives in Times of Crisis with Marcelo Vieta held on May 27, 2020, and the recording can be found here. The slides from the session are available (see downloads): Co-operatives in Times of Crisis. Vieta Webinar
- Break Free from Our Systems Prison - A Human-Centred Way of Thinking About and Managing Co-operatives with Bob Cannell held on Apr 22, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- Co-operation and the Preston Model: Beyond 'Urban Regeneration' with Julian Manley held on Mar 24, 2020, and the recording can be found here.
- Learn What Content Marketing and the Fifth Co-operative Principle have in Common (and how to leverage it) with Michael T. Jackson held on Mar 11, 2020, and the webinar recording can be found here.
- Living our Co-op Values: Applying an Intercultural Development Model to Achieve Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion with LaDonna Redmond held on Feb 19, 2020, and the webinar recording can be found here.
- Special Topic Webinar Recording (June 2018): How perceptions of leadership success can play out in co-operative business culture. With Barbara Demarest from the Center for Creative Leadership and Sandra Dawe from The Co-operators in Canada. (Recording unavailable)
- Special Topic Webinar Recording (April 2018): What Does Ethical Banking and Finance Look Like? Hear from Goran Jeras, a leader from 'Co-operative for Ethical Financing' in Croatia. Video from the webinar
- CUSO Wealth Strategies: Peer to Peer Webinar Hosted in collaboration with the Co-operative Management Education Alumni and Student Co-operative. Special Guest: Jay Corrado, CEO of CUSO Wealth Strategies (February 2018) View the video here
- Modo Carshare Co-op: Peer to Peer Webinar Hosted in collaboration with the Co-operative Management Education Alumni and Student Co-operative. Special Guests: Patrick Nangle (CEO) and William Azaroff (Chair), Modo (January 2018) View the video here
- 2nd International Co-operative Governance Symposium - June 17-19, 2021 (virtual)
- Excellence in Member-centric Governance and Management - February 17-18, 2021 (virtual)
- Excellence in Member-centric Governance and Management - December 9-10, 2020 (virtual)
- Excellence in Member-centric Governance and Management - offered as a pre-conference course in collaboration with the NCBA-CLUSA's 2020 Cooperative IMPACT Conference - October 5-6, 2020 (virtual)
- Enhancing Business Performance through Co-operative Management Practices - October 24-25, 2019 (Greenfield,MA)
- The Co-operative Business Model: Excellence in Leadership and Management - October 1, 2019 (Washington, USA)
- CanadaDE: June 9-14, 2019, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. CanadaDE graduated its third successful cohort of credit union leaders in development education. This year's cohort included 30 participants from nine countries. View our CanadaDE webpage for more information.
- International Symposium on Accounting and Reporting - June 25-26, 2018, Oxford, UK: The International Centre for Co-operative Management program and the Centre of Excellence in Accounting and Reporting (CEARC) hosted the 2nd International Symposium on Accounting and Reporting at Kellogg College, Oxford, UK. The Symposium focused on leading practices for co-operative accounting and reporting. For more information, see
- CanadaDE: June 3-8, 2018, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: Another successful conference, in co-operation with CaribDE was held in Nova Scotia this June. Credit Union professionals proudly represented their home countries (34 participants from 9 countries) to complete an intensive and immersive training program in co-operative leadership and educaton. View our webpage for more information.
- Study Tour in Captivating Croatia: This study tour in Croatia occurred in July 2017. This tour has been organized for anyone engaged in the co-operative sector and will be led by Sonja Novkovic, a co-operative economist and Academic Director for our programs at Saint Mary's University. Another tour may be scheduled for a future year, so let us know if you would like to stay informed.
- CanadaDE: June 4-10, 2017, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada: The inaugural CaribDE class was held in Canada. Credit Union professionals from around the world (24 participants from 9 countries) attended for this 72-hour interactive, experiential training program. View our webpage for more information, including future offerings.
- Tools to Measure the Co-operative Performance and Impact: In May 2014, the Centre of Excellence in Accounting and Reporting for Co-operatives (CEARC) and the Measuring the Co-operative Difference Network hosted an international conference on Tools to Measure Co-operative Performance and Impact at Saint Mary's University in Halifax, Canada. This working group conference featured representatives from various organizations that gather and report co-operative data. The digital book coming out of this conference is available here.