Independent Research Project
The independent research project gives students the opportunity to apply what they learn throughout the program to their co-operative or credit union, or to the co-operative sector more broadly.
You design a project that matches your interests which leverages the knowledge you have gained throughout your Master’s or Diploma program.
Research projects have covered a wide range of topics including the following:
- Co-operative Member Loyalty Formula
- Co-operative Strategic Analysis
- Internal Co-operative Education and Training for Succession
- Marketing the Co-operative Advantage to the Next Generation of Employees
- A Co-operative in Recovery: Winning with Corporate Social Responsibility
- Comparison of Management, Governance and Principled Leadership Between Small and Large Housing Co-operatives
- Co-operative Identity: Congruence or Incongruence
- The Challenges of Board Governance in a Worker Co-op
- Using Information Technology for Member Development