Sobey BComm Program Goals
Graduates will critically assess situations and use appropriate problem-solving skills.
- Students will formulate and justify positions on issues or situations using adequate and appropriate evidence.
- Students will recognize and demonstrate competence in analytical reasoning.
Graduates will locate and use qualitative and quantitative information effectively using appropriate technology.
- Students will determine, retrieve, evaluate and manage relevant information.
- Students will recognize and acknowledge copyright laws and intellectual property restrictions.
Graduates will use professional communication skills to facilitate business relationships.
- Students will prepare appropriate and effective written communications
- Students will prepare and deliver effective oral presentations
Ethics, Corporate Social Responsibility, and Leadership
Graduates will exercise socially responsible leadership skills.
- Students will recognize the ethical dimensions of situations.
- Students will consider a broad spectrum of stakeholders in the development of organizations’ social responsibilities.
- Students will recognize a variety of leadership styles and when each is appropriate.
- Students will work effectively as part of a team.
Graduates will recognize the diversity and global opportunities their local, national, and world environments present.
- Students will recognize the effects of different economic, political, cultural, social and technological environments and integrate them into their decision-making.
Business Knowledge and Competency
Graduates will use their business knowledge and professional skills successfully.
- Students will demonstrate a fundamental understanding of each of the functional areas of business, and how to effectively integrate and apply this knowledge
- Students will assess the opportunities and risks faced by organizations of different size, ownership and governance structures.