Closed Course and Prerequisite Overrides

Request for Registration Assistance


Complete and submit this online form; include an unofficial Banner Self-Service transcript (or, for Letter of Permission, a copy of your home university transcript), which you can upload from a computer (below). Your submission will be forwarded to the instructor to request either a closed course override and/or prerequisite waiver. Students will be contacted via email.

Closed Courses

Please note that permission to enter a closed course will be granted on a priority basis (i.e., students with special circumstances, such as needing a course to graduate this academic year will be given priority). In the case of a closed course request students should continue to check Banner in case the course opens because students withdraw from the course.

Prerequisite Waivers

A prerequisite waiver applies only to the requested course. It does not apply to all courses that require this prerequisite.

NOTE: This form is for FISMS courses only. One form per override request, please! Fields marked with * are mandatory.

Personal Information
Expected Graduation Year:
Override Request

* I need a:     

For the following course:            

Course Number :

* Term:                    

Detailed Reason for Request

If no reason is given or University records do not match the information provided, the application will be denied.
* Transcript

Required: Upload either a copy of your Banner Self-Service transcript, or a copy of your home university transcript.

To copy your Banner Self-Service transcript, using Firefox or Chrome browser, navigate to your transcript. Highlight on the screen and copy and paste to a Microsoft Word document, then save as PDF.

*Please select transcript file previously saved to your computer.