Declaring Your Major
Students in the Bachelor of Commerce program are advised to declare their major once they have earned a minimum of 45 credits. Before declaring a major, it is recommended that students meet with an academic advisor to discuss their degree progress and plan next steps.
Step 1: Meet the requirement.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.00 and the minimum completion of 45 credit hours is required.
Step 2: Consider consulting with an Academic Advisor and Career Counsellor.
- Before meeting with a Academic Advisor or Career Counsellor, review the Academic Calendar to identify your options.
- Students are strongly recommended to meet with an Academic Advisor to understand degree progress, requirements, and considersations before making your decision. Click here to book an academic advising appointment.
- Students can also meet with a Career Counsellor to help evaluate your career goals and interests.
Step 3: Submit the major declaration form.
- Complete the Major Declaration form. (Note: you can use the same form to change major, declare a second major or a minor).
- Email your Major Declaration form to BComm Advising Office at email@example.com.
- Once approved by the BComm Advising Centre, your Major Declaration request will be submitted to the Service Centre for processing.
- To transfer to the Bachelor of Commerce program from another Saint Mary’s program/degree, please meet with an Academic Advisor in the BComm program to ensure you meet the requirements for the program before submitting your Degree Change form.
- Students should declare their major, or declare that they intend to graduate without a major, prior to applying for graduation. Applications to graduate will not be processed without a declaration.
- Students considering the following may also submit to the BComm Advising Centre by email:
- Human Resource Management Certificate Program Application.
- Business Minor
- Entrepreneurship Minor