SMUWorks Student Application
SMUworks Academic 2023-24 Program will be open for student applications from Friday, July 14, 2023 – Monday, August 7, 2023 at 11:59 pm ADT!
Only applications received during this period will be reviewed.
There are two parts to the application:
- Submit your cover letter and résumé on Career360°
- Complete the SMUworks online application (link at the end of this page)
Students are eligible for the SMUworks Academic 2023-24 program if they meet all of the following criteria:
- Registered as a full-time/part-time student in a degree or diploma program at Saint Mary's University for the academic year 2023-24.
- Student is in good academic standing (GPA 1.7+)
Students are not eligible for the program if:
- They have fulfilled their degree requirements or have graduated.
- They are an ESL, upgrading, or visiting student.
- If the above noted two application steps are not completed.
- Resumes and cover letters are not submitted for each job posting via Career360°
Students will not be able to work in more than one SMUworks full-time (15 hours/week) position in any one term. Students can only work more than one SMUworks positions if the total hours do not exceed a total of 15 hours/week.
Please complete the SMUworks Student Application by Monday, August 7, 11:59 pm AST.
If you have not previously used one of our resume support services or are not a Co-op student, we strongly encourage you to attend either the virtual Resume Workshop hosted every Friday (registration via Career360°) or complete the Brightspace Resume Workshop module (Log into Brightspace at smu.brightspace.com -> Select “Discover” -> Select “Self-Registration” -> Select “Foundational Resume Workshop” -> Select “Register”).
The cover letter and résumé will be sent to the staff or faculty advertising the position and will contact you for an interview if they are interested in you as a candidate for the position.
If you require aid in preparing for this interview, please book an appointment through Career360 and choose ‘Interview Preparation.’
Please understand that eligibility to participate in SMUworks (as determined by the SMUworks Committee) is not a guarantee that you will be given an interview, and that hiring choices are made by the staff or faculty member who is advertising the position on Career360°.
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have questions.