Work for EIT
EIT frequently hires part-time help desk staff. If you are a conscientious, hardworking, SMU student (in your second year or later) with an interest in technology and customer service, we may have a position for you.
Part Time Help Desk Staff
- Providing IT support to students, faculty, and staff
- Troubleshooting computer, network, and phone-related problems
- Creating, updating, and maintaining articles for EIT
- Entering service calls into EIT call tracking system
- Assigning service calls to Tier 2 EIT support as required
- Escalating system outages immediately to management
- Completing other duties as required
- Must have achieved at least 2nd year of study at Saint Mary’s
- Prior knowledge of Microsoft Application Software, SMUport, Self-Service Banner etc.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to demonstrate competence in troubleshooting IT-related issues
- Confident to work independently
- Able to share and work as part of a team
Please Note: Currently we require only those students who are available for shifts mainly between 8:30 am - 1pm, or 1pm - 5:30 pm, Monday to Thursday.
To apply: Fill out the application form and submit it along with a resume, two letters of reference from professors or employers, and an outline of your hours of availability. Please email the entire application to Lorraine Helson.
For full time staff vacancies, please go to the Employment Opportunities page.