The campus WiFi system will be upgraded and replaced with a HPE/Aruba system starting in early August 2019. The upgrade should last approximately three months and it will cause little to no interruptions to service. The most notable improvements will be:
- 54% increase in the number of Access Points across non-Residence buildings
- Creation of a Hospitality model in Residence spaces with an Access Point in every other room
- Reduced daily system load from operating at approximately 95% capacity to 40% which will allow for future growth
- Construct outside WiFi coverage across campus to the four street corners and the Oaks area
If you experience problems with WiFi during the upgrade do not hesitate to contact the Help Desk by email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 902-496-8111.
We will be adjusting the SSID’s and will be eliminating SMU-Res. Those devices that access WiFi on SMU-Res will have to be authenticated by the users on either SMU-WiFi or Eduroam SSID.
Services for Faculty, Staff & Students
Virtually all of the Saint Mary's University campus has wireless network access, including the following buildings:
- Loyola Academic
- Loyola, Rice & Vanier Residences
- McNally East
- McNally Main
- Homburg Centre for Health and Wellness
- Continuing Education
- The Language Centre
- Student Centre
Please report any dead zones to the Help Desk.
To access wireless on the Saint Mary’s campus, you will need:
- a laptop with wireless card, or a wireless capable mobile device
- a Saint Mary's University computer account
Setting up your wireless card:
Windows 10 / Macintosh / iPhone / Blackberry / Android
Wireless Card Driver Links
Select the brand of your wireless card in order to find, download and install drivers.