Department of Chemistry
Student Teaching Assistant Jobs
Every year, the Department of Chemistry employs registered Saint Mary’s University Science Students as Teaching Assistants (TAs) to help with the operation of specific courses/labs. Some positions are highly interactive and involve answering student questions or running demonstrations during classes or labs, while other positions require low- to no-student-interaction (e.g., marking labs and quizzes).
How to Apply
- REVIEW all requirements for each of the available TA Jobs listed (see TA Job Descriptions).
- Many of our TA jobs are now ONLINE TA JOBS and all applicants must meet the requirements for these jobs.
- Apply for the Chemistry Department Available TA Jobs by completing our TA Application Package; "dropped-off" applications are no longer accepted.
The TA application deadline has ended. However, of the remaining jobs available, applications will continue to be accepted until those spots have been filled.
Due to final registration numbers, or changes to course delivery, some currently advertised jobs may no longer be available.
Please review each Job Description as there have been some modifications; particularly with regards to the “availability requirements” of the job.
- Online Course Marker TA - CHEM 1190 (Fundamental Chemistry)
- Online Course Marker TA - 1st year level (all 1st year level courses)
- Online Course Marker TA - All 2000, 3000, 4000 Level Courses
- Online Lab Marker TA - 1st year level (all 1st year level courses)
- Online Lecture TA - 1st year level (all 1st year level courses)
- Online Lab Demonstrator TA - All 1000 level labs
- Online Lab Demonstrator TA - For CHEM 2313/2345/3451
- Online/In Person Lab Demonstrator TA - CHEM 2333
- In Person Lab Demonstrator TA - CHEM 2345