Forms and Dates

Student forms and important dates

Important dates

For the most current and complete information on important dates, see the Academic Calendar of Events.

Note: From December 22, 2021 to January 3, 2022, the university is closed for the holidays. 

Ahead in 2021

May 28 Spring 2021 Graduation; 4:00 pm livestream for Faculty of Arts & Graduate Studies in Arts 
September 6 Administrative offices closed; no classes - Labour Day
September 7 Academic year begins
September 8 Fall classes begin 
September 14 Last day for registering and changing courses in the Fall term (September - December)
September 17 Last day for dropping Fall term courses without financial penalty
  Last day for final payment of Fall term tuition fees
Sept. 24-25 Fall Convocation
October 1 Deadline for filing applications for Spring 2022 Convocation
October 11 Thanksgiving – university is closed
Nov. 8-14 Fall Reading Week – no classes
November 11 Remembrance Day – university is closed 
November 17 Last day to drop a 3 and 6 credit hour course taught only in the Fall term
December 8 Patronal Feast of the university; regular class day but administrative offices closed
December 8 Last day of classes in the Fall term
Dec. 9-10 Study days – no classes
Dec. 11-21 Exam period
Dec. 22-Jan. 3  University is closed for the holidays
Jan. 4, 2022 Administrative offices open; academic year resumes. 
January 10                   Classes resume

Note: See the Academic Calendar of Events to find important dates for the complete 2021-2022 year.  

Student forms

See Service Centre Forms for student forms such as Academic Appeals, Application for Graduation, Change of Degree, Honours Application, Late Registration, Letter of Permission, Major Declaration and more. 

Faculty of Arts Letter of Permission Process

  • Fully complete/read Letter of Permission form.
  • Attach course description (these can usually be found on the institute website.
  • Provide a letter of intent in which you provide the following information:
    • Whether or not you have declared a major.
    • Why you require to take this course at an institute other than Saint Mary's University.
    • Whether or not this is a required course for your major/minor declaration of if you intend to use it as an elective.
    • If this is a required course for your major/minor declaration, you must first see the chair/coordinator of your program for their assessment of transfer credit and initials.
  • Drop your completed application of at the B.A. Advising Centre.
  • We will call you when it has been assessed so that you can pick it and complete the process at the Service Centre.


Share: Page Feedback