Forms and Dates
Student forms and important dates
For the most current and complete information on important dates, see the Academic Calendar of Events.
Note: From December 22, 2021 to January 3, 2022, the university is closed for the holidays.
Ahead in 2021
|May 28||Spring 2021 Graduation; 4:00 pm livestream for Faculty of Arts & Graduate Studies in Arts|
|September 6||Administrative offices closed; no classes - Labour Day|
|September 7||Academic year begins|
|September 8||Fall classes begin|
|September 14||Last day for registering and changing courses in the Fall term (September - December)|
|September 17||Last day for dropping Fall term courses without financial penalty|
|Last day for final payment of Fall term tuition fees|
|Sept. 24-25||Fall Convocation|
|October 1||Deadline for filing applications for Spring 2022 Convocation|
|October 11||Thanksgiving – university is closed|
|Nov. 8-14||Fall Reading Week – no classes|
|November 11||Remembrance Day – university is closed|
|November 17||Last day to drop a 3 and 6 credit hour course taught only in the Fall term|
|December 8||Patronal Feast of the university; regular class day but administrative offices closed|
|December 8||Last day of classes in the Fall term|
|Dec. 9-10||Study days – no classes|
|Dec. 11-21||Exam period|
|Dec. 22-Jan. 3||University is closed for the holidays|
|Jan. 4, 2022||Administrative offices open; academic year resumes.|
|January 10||Classes resume|
Note: See the Academic Calendar of Events to find important dates for the complete 2021-2022 year.
See Service Centre Forms for student forms such as Academic Appeals, Application for Graduation, Change of Degree, Honours Application, Late Registration, Letter of Permission, Major Declaration and more.
Faculty of Arts Letter of Permission Process
- Fully complete/read Letter of Permission form.
- Attach course description (these can usually be found on the institute website.
- Provide a letter of intent in which you provide the following information:
- Whether or not you have declared a major.
- Why you require to take this course at an institute other than Saint Mary's University.
- Whether or not this is a required course for your major/minor declaration of if you intend to use it as an elective.
- If this is a required course for your major/minor declaration, you must first see the chair/coordinator of your program for their assessment of transfer credit and initials.
- Drop your completed application of at the B.A. Advising Centre.
- We will call you when it has been assessed so that you can pick it and complete the process at the Service Centre.