Faculty of Arts
B.A. Advising Centre
The B.A. Advising Centre continues to offer academic advising services to students during this period of virtual operations. Academic Advisors are here to help you successfully complete the term and plan for future terms.
Students can email questions directly to BAadvising@smu.ca or book an appointment through our online booking system. When booking, select your preference from the current range of advising options: by telephone, online Zoom meeting, or video chat with Microsoft Teams (available through Office 365, using your SMU email address).
Submit all paperwork in digital form (scan or good quality picture) to BAadvising@smu.ca.
The B.A. Advising Centre team is dedicated to helping you navigate through your degree. We recommend that you visit a B.A. Academic Advisor at least once a year to make sure you are on track to meet your educational goals. Download the B.A. Advising Syllabus 2020-2021 for detailed information on academic advising, important dates and resources available to you.
As Academic Advisors, our job is to help you:
- determine a good academic plan to achieve your educational goals;
- understand what is required of you academically, including degree and program requirements;
- make informed decisions about which courses to take and how to sequence your courses;
- explore program options (majors, minors, honours, certificates);
- understand university regulations; and
- learn more about opportunities that will add value to your degree program (example: study abroad, co-op, field study programs).
B.A. Advising Centre location and contacts:
(Note: Saint Mary’s has temporarily shifted to virtual operations. B.A. Program Advisors are available by email and through online appointments.)
McNally Main 214B (just off the Arts Commons)
923 Robie St., Halifax, Nova Scotia B3H 3C3
Phone: 902-420-5437 | Fax: 902-491-8634
- Emily Anderson, B.A. Program Advisor
- Shawn Simamba, B.A. Program Advisor
- Robyn McIntosh, Undergraduate Advisor, Programs and Transfer