Risk and Insurance Services

Vehicle Rentals & Insurance Coverage – FAQ's

Only employees of the University can rent a car in Canada and/or Continential USA and be covered by the University's insurance. Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental have been selected to provide vehicle rental services to ISI and its member institutions.  Travellers can take advantage of discounted pricing and additional benefits when renting for business.  Please visit SMUport for the booking information.

PLEASE READ THE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS BEFORE RENTING YOUR CAR because there is a very specific rental requirement in order that the insurance coverage goes through the University and not your own.

The FAQ page has been updated and is now in SMUport in the Financial Services Channel.

If you have any questions about the insurance implications of an activity or situation in which your rented car is involved, please contact Matt Dickinson at Risk@smu.ca.


Back to Financial Services Home Page


Share: Page Feedback