Photo: Jocelin d’Entremont
|ARTS PROGRAMS AT A GLANCE|
|Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts
Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
Master of Arts – Atlantic Canada Studies, Criminology, History, International Development Studies, Philosophy and Women’s Studies
Atlantic Canada Studies
International Development Studies
|Produced by the Public Affairs Department and the Faculty of Arts||
|Language Certificate Programs
Saint Mary’s offers Language Certicate programs in the following languages: Chinese, Japanese, German and Spanish. These programs are designed to provide linguistic, cultural and practical knowledge to persons interested in studying and/or working in China, Japan, Germany or Spain. The programs are open to undergraduate students, persons already holding degrees and mature students with relevant work experience.
- Saint Mary's has the largest Arts Faculty in Nova Scotia.
- At Saint Mary's you can take an Arts degree while minoring in Business or the Sciences.
- The Advanced Major provides added program diversity.
- Metro inter-university programs allow you to draw on the best resources local universities have to offer. Programs are available in Film Studies, Linguistics and Women's Studies.
- Saint Mary's is the only University in Canada where you can complete an undergraduate degree in Irish Studies.
- Saint Mary's has the only stand-alone Criminology program in Atlantic Canada, which includes the Bachelor, Honours, Graduate Diploma and Master's.
- The Creative Writing program enables students to have their work published in a University publication.
- Arts culture on campus includes an Art Gallery, hosting a variety of exhibitions, a performing arts series, and the Saint Mary’s Drama Society.
- Saint Mary’s has the only Asian Studies program in Atlantic Canada.
- Saint Mary’s is the first Canadian university to offer a Shakespeare course at Stratford-upon-Avon, England as part of its English program.