Tax Receipts (T2202a and T4a)
- What is a T2202A form?
- How do I get my T2202A form?
- I am not a current student, how do I get my T2202A?
- I attended Saint Mary's University in 2004 and earlier, how do I get my T2202A?
- How do I get a duplicate copy of my T2202A?
- My T2202A is incorrect, what do I do?
- What is a T4A form?
- How do I get my T4A form?
- I did not receive any scholarships, why did I receive a T4A form?
The Tuition and Education Amounts Certificate that indicates to the Canada Revenue Agency how much you have paid for tuition in a calendar year. You will require this form to complete your income tax return and for your spouse's or parent's income tax if you are transferring your education and tuition credits.
T2202A tuition receipts are available online through Self Service Banner in February for the preceeding calendar year.
To obtain this form, students must print it online through Self Service Banner as per the following:
Go to Self Service Banner (http://selfservice.smu.ca).
- You may also access Self Service Banner through the main Saint Mary's University webpage at http://www.smu.ca,clicking on "Current Students" then "Self Service Banner".
- Select "Enter Secure Area"
- Enter your User ID (eight digit 'A' number - eg: A00000000)
- Enter your PIN (password you chose when you first registered through Self Service Banner)
- Click "Login"
- Select "Student Information" tab
- Select "Canadian Tax Forms"
- Select "T2202A Tax Credit Form"
- Tax Year will auto fill. If more than one year is available, choose required tax year from drop down list.
- Unofficial Version (to show an unofficial summary and breakdown of T2202A)
- Select "View Data"
- Click Submit to review.
- If there are any errors or omissions, please contact the Service Centre at (902) 420-5582.
- Official Version (to be submitted to the Canada Revenue Agency)
- Select the "Printable Form" option. Please note: If you click this option, subsequent forms will be marked "Duplicate", which are acceptable to submit to the Canada Revenue Agency.
- Print your official T2202A.
If you attended classes in 2005 or later, your T2202A tax forms are available online through Self Service Banner. If you do not know your student number (A#) or your PIN to access Self Service Banner, please send an email to the Service Centre at email@example.com to request this information. Please indicate your full name and date of birth.
If you attended classes in 2004 or earlier, please see below for further information on how to request your T2202A.
Students who attended Saint Mary's University in 2004 and earlier must request their T2202A tax form in writing from the Service Centre. Please include your full name, student number (if known), date of birth, address and phone number on your request.
Written requests can be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
Saint Mary's University
Service Centre, Enrolment Services
923 Robie Street
T2202A requests will be available within five (5) business days.
Duplicate copies of a T2202A can be printed online through Self Service Banner for tax years 2005 and later.
If you require a T2202A from 2004 or earlier, please send a written request to the Service Centre. Please see above for more information.
Duplicate copies of T2202A tax receipts are accepted by the Canada Revenue Agency.
If your T2202A is incorrect, please contact the Service Centre at email@example.com or (902) 420-5582.
A T4A form is issued to indicate scholarships and bursaries received, greater than $500.00, to the Canada Revenue Agency.
Scholarships and bursaries included on the T4A form include:
- Entrance scholarships
- Achievement awards
- Nova Scotia Bursary
T4A forms are mailed each year to students with scholarships and bursaries over $500.00 in February.
Students must ensure they have an active address is on file.
T4A forms that are returned by mail will be available for pick-up at the Service Centre for up to one year.
I did not receive any scholarships, why did I receive a T4A form?
Students who received the Nova Scotia Bursary ($128.30 or $26.10 per half credit course, for Nova Scotia Students or all other domestic students) will have a T4A issued if their bursary equals more than $500.00.
If you did not receive a scholarship or bursary, and received a T4A form in the mail, please contact the Service Centre.