About Research at Saint Mary’s
Saint Mary’s University’s strategy to support and enhance research is strongly aligned with the University’s overall motto: Age Quod Agis, or ‘What you do, do well.’
While truly excellent research and scholarly activity exists throughout the entire university, our highly strategic approach focuses on five major areas of strength:
- Research for Atlantic Canada communities;
- Innovation in Business and Workplace Studies;
- The Environment and Natural Resources;
- Astronomy, Computational Science, and Subatomic Physics;
- International Development and Human Migration Issues.
These themes represent a history of achievement, strong collaborations with partners at institutions all over the world, and a tradition of engaging undergraduate students in hands on research.
At Saint Mary’s, our research has real impact. We place a high value on translating and distributing the results of our research to the communities who can most benefit from them.
- Find out more about Saint Mary’s University’s Strategic Research Plan.
- Explore our many research centres and institutes.
- Visit the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research website.
- Find an expert with our Research Expert Database (RED).
- Find information on partnerships through the Office of Innovation and Community Engagement
- View the Research and Graduate Studies Organizational Chart