Hire a Student
Applications for SMUworks 2018-2019 are now open!
SMUworks is a bursary-based student employment program that benefits faculty, staff and students alike. Working a part-time job while you study can help fund your education and provide you with valuable training and experience that will help you obtain employment when your graduate.
- Demonstrate financial need;
- Have a GPA of 1.7 or higher;
- Be registered full-time for the academic year (academic session) and full-time for the next academic year (summer session);
- Be completing a degree or diploma program at Saint Mary’s University (TSL, Upgrading and Visiting students are not eligible);
Faculty and staff who receive a SMUworks grant will have their position posted on HireSMU from September 10th to September 23rd at 11:59pm. Each position has different criteria, look at all of the positions and see which positions fit your interest and future goals! Students can apply for as many positions as they would like, but can only be employed in one SMUworks position during each session. Just like in the real world, each position on HireSMU requires an individual application package.
SMUworks Student 2018-2019 Application Requirements:
- Submission of the SMUworks Student Application Form (submitted electronically)
- Upload your Cover Letter & Resume and apply on HireSMU.