Founded in 1802, Saint Mary’s is a modern, urban university just outside of downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. Just a short flight from Toronto, we are consistently ranked in the top ten primarily undergraduate institutions of Canada.
- We offer more than 40 majors in Arts, Science, Engineering, Business and the Environment
- Our first year class sizes are impressively small at 47 students
- We offer co-op (paid internships) in every Faculty
- You can do a semester abroad in more than 18 countries
- Students from 117 countries study at SMU (one of the most diverse in Canada)
- 98% of our Profs hold a PhD
- We have 13 Varsity Sports Teams
Halifax is a vibrant and exciting young city with an explosive music scene, more than 450 restaurants, and lively nightlife. Yet, incredibly, the rugged Nova Scotia coastline – and the surfing and beaches that come with it – is only a 20-minute drive away.
For our simple, two week admission process, apply at the link below. Students who meet early admission requirements can apply directly with their final Grade 11 transcript (showing courses they are currently enrolled in for Grade 12). Don’t meet early admission requirements? No problem! We are also available on the OUAC page, where you can easily choose Saint Mary’s as your University of choice. We will be in Ontario throughout the year, but if you would like to arrange a phone or Skype meeting with an admission counselor please email email@example.com.