Tuition and Fees
View Tuition and Fees for the Academic Year (September- August).
|View 2017 Summer Tuition PDF||View 2017-2018 Tuition|
- Use our Tuition Calculator to estimate your tuition costs including residence & meal plan!
- SMUSA Student Fees and Medical Insurance fees
- Miscellaneous Fees
- Tuition and Fee Regulations
Tuition includes per course (half credit) mandatory fees: Arts Learning Resource ($10), Science Technology ($30), Sobey School of Business Career Services ($10), Campus Renewal ($35), Recreational Facilities Renewal ($11), Copyright ($3), Sports & Recreation ($5) and Student Services ($5).
*Nova Scotia residents receive the NS University Student Bursary of $128.30 per half credit courses, which is deducted from the cost of each half credit (3 credit hour) course.
**International students who provide Landed Immigration or Permanent Citizenship papers to the Service Centre (Enrolment Services) will have their tuition adjusted, starting in the next academic term.
Want to see how everything adds up? Use our 2016-2017 Tuition Calculator!
This powerful tool will allow you to explore different options and costs,
based on your specific tuition, residence, meal plans and more.
2017-2018 Student Fees
Student fees are comprised of:
- SMUSA (Saint Mary's University Student Association) fees (full-time or part-time)
- U-Pass (University bus pass)
- Medical & Dental (read below for opt-out instructions)
Full-time Student Fees- for students taking nine (9) credit hours or more in a term.
Students who register for the Winter term only, will pay one term of student fees:
Full-time ($76.00-SMUSA + $77.50-U-Pass) OR Part-time ($26.75-SMUSA)
Part-time Student Fees- for students taking less than nine (9) credit hours in a term.
- If a student is registered in two or more courses for the May-June term they will automatically receive the Summer U-Pass at a cost of $77.75.
- Students who are taking one or more courses over the May - June and/or July - August terms can opt-in and purchase a U-Pass at the Service Centre for $77.75.
- U-Passes will be valid from May 1st- August 31st.
- For questions regarding the Summer U-Pass please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
2017-2018 Medical & Dental Plans
Medical and Dental plans are administered by the Saint Mary's University Student's Association (SMUSA).
Medical and Dental Plan Information:
Students with comparable medical and dental coverage may opt out of the University medical and dental plans each year as indicated below:
Canadian Students: Opt out Online through SMUPort
International Students: To opt out of all or part of the health coverage, visit the Health Plan Office (Student Centre, Room 524), sign a waiver and provide proof of coverage.
Opt Out Deadlines: Fall Term - September 25, Winter Term - January 25
Questions? Contact the SMUSA Health Plan Office at email@example.com or 902-496-8754