From the moment you arrive on campus, you’ll notice what makes Saint Mary’s special. Our campus is compact yet cosmopolitan, making for a truly unique student experience. Our university is enriched by international students from over 100 countries, who make up almost a quarter of our student body. We combine this diverse, friendly atmosphere with world-class academic programs, a truly global curriculum and many opportunities for personal and intellectual growth.
International and Canadian students learning and working side-by-side, help to create a unique and truly intercultural educational experience for all.
See our printable viewbook and brochures for international students which contain information about Halifax, Saint Mary's and our programs:
Information and Resources
- The International Centre provides support, assistance and advice to international students, including hosting international orientation events in January, May, July and September to help you settle in.
- English as a Second Language is taught at Saint Mary's through The Language Centre. The Language Centre offers many ESL programs designed to meet your needs, including English for Academic Purposes (EAP), the University Bridging Program (UBP) and the one-month ELS Immersion (IMM).
- View our admission requirements for international students.
- Explore what it’s like to attend university by the sea on the beautiful east coast of Canada. You can also take a virtual tour of Saint Mary’s.
- Apply now as an international student.