Are you an employer in Atlantic Canada who could benefit from a wage subsidy to hire a recent graduate?
The Sobey School Business Development Centre is currently accepting applications from employers in New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and Newfoundland and Labrador to take part in Work Smarts.
We are currently taking applications for job postings. Please click here if you'd like to submit a job application form.
Work Smarts provides:
- A $9/hr subsidy (based on a 35hr work week) for up to 30 weeks of work experience
- An additional 11.51% coverage of MERC (mandatory employment related costs - CPP, EI, Vacation Pay)
- Assistance with job posting and short listing of candidates
- Training and mentoring for participants to enhance their work experience
- Advice and monitoring throughout the program to ensure participants and employers are receiving the best possible experience
- Fit under the NAICS High Demand Sector classification for Atlantic region.
- Provide a $9/hr top up (making the minimum salary for a participant $18/hr)
- Allow participant to attend training as required (two days at beginning, one day toward program end
The overall objective of Work Smarts is to give post-secondary graduates the opportunity to apply the skill sets they developed at school in a work setting that is consistent with their past education and will allow them to become leaders in their chosen fields.