Athletics & Recreation
To view the weekly class schedule please click the following link to the programs and schedules page
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
- Total Body HIIT- An action packed fitness class filled with High Intensity Interval Training designed to challenge your body, burn fat and build lean muscle. Great way to start the day!
- Cardio Core/CardioJam - Low impact aerobics with lots of core work for your abs and back.
- Classic Cardio - Back to the basics with all the fun and fabulous music and moves that you love.
- More Core - A focus on core strengthening for an energy packed workout that will leave you feeling fit and functional.
- Drop in Yoga - A shorter version of a full yoga class geared for those on the go. Good for those who want flexibility and relaxation.
- BodySculpt/BodyBar - Abs, Legs and More with a new attitude - using tubing, weights, bars, balls, balance boards, and more.
- Cardio Circuit/Step&Pump - Fusion classes with enough variety for everyone. If you like step but also want more then try this class. Muscular strength component is also included.
- Drop in Zumba/Zumfit - Fun, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness-party!
- Stretch it Out - A quick stretch that you can add before or after your workout. A variety of modalities will be explored.
- Spin - Group cycling with a new Spin. If you are new to spin, please arrive 10 min early to be sized for your bike. Spin classes no longer require bike reservations. Arrive early to secure your bike.
You can register:
- In person at the Front Desk of The Homburg Centre.
- Over the phone (902.420.5555) with Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Registration Terms & Conditions
- The Member Early Bird date is available to SMUfit members who are registered at least 7 days before the class start date.
- If there are not the minimum registrants by the early bird date, the class may be cancelled.
- Member Early Bird rates CANNOT be prorated but Member and Non-Member rates can be prorated and you can register at any time.
- Registration fees must be paid in full at the time of enrollment and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Refunds & Cancellations
- All requests for SMUfit Class refunds must be received before the second class of the session.
- A refund will be issued to you if the program is cancelled due to low registration.
- Refunds for cash, cheque or debit payments take 21 days to process and will be sent by mail
- Refunds for Visa, MasterCard and American Express payments are processed immediately.