Athletics & Recreation
To view the weekly class schedule please click the following link to the programs and schedules page
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
Total Body HIIT: An action packed fitness class filled with High Intensity Interval Training designed to challenge your body, burn fat and build lean muscle. Great way to start the day!
Cardio Core: Low impact aerobics with lots of core work for your abs and back.
Classic Cardio: Back to the basics with all the fun and fabulous music and moves that you love.
More Core: A focus on core strengthening for an energy packed workout that will leave you feeling fit and functional.
Drop in Yoga or Drop in Yogalates: Introductory Yoga (and Pilates) class. Good for those who want flexibility and relaxation.
Body Sculpt: Abs, Legs and More with a new attitude - using tubing, weights, bars, balls, balance boards, and more.
Strong by Zumba: Latin-inspired strength class with easy to follow moves.
Zumba/Zumfit: Fun, effective, easy to follow, Latin-inspired, calorie burning dance fitness party!
Body Works/Strength Circuit: Fun filled 35 minute class challenging cardiovascular system, strength and flexibility.
Spin: If you are new to spin, please arrive early to be sized for your bike. Spin classes do not require bike reservation. Arrive early to secure your bike.
- See other SMUfit programs and schedules
Fall 2017 Program Schedule is here!
Registration will be available in person
at the SMUfit front desk or 902 420 5555
August 15, 2017
Register early to reserve your space.
You can register:
- In person at the Front Desk of The Homburg Centre.
- Over the phone (902-420-5555) with Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Registration Terms & Conditions
- The Member Early Bird date is available to SMUfit members who are registered at least 7 days before the class start date.
- To qualify for the members' rate you must be a member for the entire length of the paid program.
- If there are not the minimum registrants by the early bird date, the class may be cancelled.
- Member Early Bird rates CANNOT be prorated.
- Late rgistration is avaialbe for some classes.
- Registration fees must be paid in full at the time of enrollment and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Refunds & Cancellations
- All requests for SMUfit Class refunds must be received before the second class of the session.
- A refund will be issued to you if the program is cancelled due to low registration.
- Refunds for cash, cheque or debit payments take 21 days to process and will be sent by mail
- Refunds for Visa, MasterCard and American Express payments are processed immediately.