Athletics & Recreation
To view the weekly class schedule please click the following link to the programs and schedules page
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
- Total Body HIIT- An action packed fitness class filled with High Intensity Interval Training designed to challenge your body, burn fat and build lean muscle. Great way to start the day!
- Cardio Core: Low impact aerobics with lots of core work for your abs and back.
- Classic Cardio: Back to the basics with all the fun and fabulous music and moves that you love.
- More Core: A focus on core strengthening for an energy packed workout that will leave you feeling fit and functional.
- Drop in Yoga or Drop in Yogalates: Introductory Yoga (and Pilates) class. Good for those who want flexibility and relaxation.
- BodySculpt: Abs, Legs and More with a new attitude - using tubing, weights, bars, balls, balance boards, and more.
- Zumba Step: Latin-inspired step class with easy to follow moves.
- Zumba/Zumfit - Fun, effective, easy to follow, Latin-inspired, calorie burning dance fitness-party!
- Body Works/Strength Circuit: Fun filled 35 minute class challenging cardiovascular system, strength and flexbility.
- Spin: If you are new to spin, please arrive early to be sized for your bike. Spin classes no longer require bike reservations. Arrive early to secure your bike.
You can register:
- In person at the Front Desk of The Homburg Centre.
- Over the phone (902-420-5555) with Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Registration Terms & Conditions
- The Member Early Bird date is available to SMUfit members who are registered at least 7 days before the class start date.
- To qualify for the members' rate you must be a member for the entire length of the paid program.
- If there are not the minimum registrants by the early bird date, the class may be cancelled.
- Member Early Bird rates CANNOT be prorated.
- Late rgistration is avaialbe for some classes.
- Registration fees must be paid in full at the time of enrollment and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Refunds & Cancellations
- All requests for SMUfit Class refunds must be received before the second class of the session.
- A refund will be issued to you if the program is cancelled due to low registration.
- Refunds for cash, cheque or debit payments take 21 days to process and will be sent by mail
- Refunds for Visa, MasterCard and American Express payments are processed immediately.