Athletics & Recreation
To view the weekly class schedule please click the following link to the programs and schedules page
Group Fitness Class Descriptions
Total Body HIIT:An action packed fitness class filled with High Intensity Interval Training designed to challenge your body, burn fat and build lean muscle.
- Cardio Mix/Classic Cardio: Back to the basics with all the fun and fabulous music and moves that you love including the occasional Zumba flare.
More Core: A focus on core strengthening for an energy packed workout that will leave you feeling fit and functional.
Drop in Yoga: Introductory Yoga good for those who want flexibility and relaxation.
Body Sculpt: Abs, Legs and More with a new attitude - using tubing, weights, bars, balls, balance boards, and more.
Strong by Zumba: Latin-inspired strength class with easy to follow moves.
Zumba/Zumfit: Fun, effective, easy to follow, Latin-inspired, calorie burning dance fitness party!
Body Works/BodySculpt: Fun filled class which challenges cardiovascular, strength and flexibility.
Spin: If you are new to spin, please arrive early to be sized for your bike. Spin classes do not require bike reservation. Arrive early to secure your bike.
- See other SMUfit programs and schedules
You can register:
- In person at the Front Desk of The Homburg Centre.
- Over the phone (902-420-5555) with Visa, Mastercard or American Express.
Registration Terms & Conditions
- The Member Early Bird date is available to SMUfit members who are registered at least 7 days before the class start date.
- To qualify for the members' rate you must be a member for the entire length of the paid program.
- If there are not the minimum registrants by the early bird date, the class may be cancelled.
- Member Early Bird rates CANNOT be prorated.
- Late rgistration is avaialbe for some classes.
- Registration fees must be paid in full at the time of enrollment and are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Refunds & Cancellations
- All requests for SMUfit Class refunds must be received before the second class of the session.
- A refund will be issued to you if the program is cancelled due to low registration.
- Refunds for cash, cheque or debit payments take 21 days to process and will be sent by mail
- Refunds for Visa, MasterCard and American Express payments are processed immediately.