Athletics & Recreation
Mission, Vision and Values
To be a quality leader in Canadian Interuniversity Athletics & Recreation, developing exceptional scholar athletes for citizenship and leadership in a global society. Saint Mary’s University wants to continue to set the standard for excellence in post-secondary athletics and recreation.
"To service students, faculty and community by promoting programs and services in athletics and recreation to help improve their quality of life."
Saint Mary's University Athletics & Recreation is committed to the University’s goal of helping individuals realize their full potential in their intellectual, social and physical dimensions. Consistent with our tradition of excellence, the Department of Athletics & Recreation is dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in interuniversity and intra-university competition, thereby creating pride and affinity with our alumni and student body, while generating positive recognition for the University and the local community.
The University will build on the strength of Saint Mary's students, coaches and alumni to be among the best nationally known Department of Athletics & Recreation.
- Excellence – we build on the Tradition of Excellence and Achievement in Sport
- Student-Athlete Experience – we provide the tools that promote personal, academic, athletic and social development of our student-athletes
- Accountability – we maximize revenue generating opportunities and use of our facilities and are fiscally responsible
- Integrity – we are respectful in competition, value sportsmanship and have high ethical standards
- Collaboration – we work with university and community groups to offer Health & Wellness programs that meet their needs thereby increasing participation and support of these groups
- Huskies Pride – we support an atmosphere that embraces school spirit, honors tradition and develops Huskies for Life!