Athletics & Recreation
Thank you for a great semester, we look forward to seeing you this Fall.
It is the mission statement of the Saint Mary's University Intramurals program to provide an atmosphere where all SMUdents may develop leadership skills through the provision of interactive sport programming during the academic year, it is also in this environment where life-long friendships are created.
- To offer an environment where recreation and competiton meets diversity
- To provide students with activities and facilities that are conducive to excellence
- Teamwork- We realize that working together to acheive a common goal always yields great results
- Diversity - We understand the vast expanse of different cultures therefore we offer a space for everyone to feel at home
- Sportsmanship - Comradery is the pride of Saint Mary's University; here we foster it
- Integrity - We always maintain fairness and a moral standard for all participants
- Registration for each sport begins September 1st. Due to space restrictions, there may be limits to the number of available team spaces
- Entry forms will be accepted at the Intramurals desk within The Homburg Centre for Health & Wellness.
***PLEASE BRING YOUR STUDENT CARD TO EVERY INTRAMURAL GAME
- Current varsity athletes are not eligible to play their respective sport during the Intramural season
- See below for eligibility
* ANYONE IN VIOLATION OF INTRAMURAL RULES AND REGULATIONS AND/OR ENTERING WITHOUT AUTHORIZATION WILL BE BANNED FROM THE PROGRAM AND/OR FURTHER PENALTIES
*TEAMS WITH INELIGIBLE PLAYERS WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE LEAGUE WITHOUT DEFAULT FEE REFUND
Full Time SMU Student
- Get your student card validated at the library
- Show student card to SMUfit staff at the Homburg Centre. Completion of paperwork is required
- There is NO cost for Full Time students
- Organize or get in on Intramural team/register as an individual
- Register ONLINE before the deadline
- On game days, you MUST bring in your student card to access facilities
Part-Time SMU Student or SMU Employee
- Get Student card validated at the library
- Show student card or employee ID to SMUfit staff at the Homburg Centre. Completion of paperwork is required
- Register in Intramural program ONLINE
- On game days, you MUST present your ID to front desk to access facilities
Team Captains' Meeting
- A team representative must attend the Team Captains' meeting on the first night of game play 30 minutes prior to the start of games.
- All meetings are held at The Homburg Centre for Health & Wellness.
- Team Captains' meetings will cover the following: schedule distribution, rules, eligibility, etc.
Officials will be needed for all sports. Anyone interested in officiating, timekeeping, or reffing please apply with resume via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Fall Banquet: last Thursday in November; Winter Banquet: Last Thursday in March
- Food, Refreshments & Prizes!
- Open to all Intramural Athletes and officials.
- Winter Banquet: March 23th, 2017