Athletics & Recreation
|Entry Deadline:||Friday, September 14, 2018|
|Begins:||September 18 2018 to October 30 2018|
|Days & Times:||Tuesdays - 8:30pm to midnight|
|Mandatory Team Rep Meeting:|
- Games are 9 innings. Each team get 3 outs per inning.
- When playing defence, teams can have a maximum of 9 players. The minimum number of players is 6.
- MUST be 1 member of each sex on the field at all times. If a team does not meet the requirements at the start of the game, they forfeit. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- 5 run rule for every inning except the last.
- You pitch to your own team.
- There is a 3 pitch count.
- No sliding or you are out.
- No lead offs or you are out.
- Aluminum Bats or Wood bats ONLY!!
- Ball landing on the track is a ground rule double, if it clears the track is a home run.
- Any batted ball that rolls into the movable seats is also a ground rule double.
- Any batted ball that hits the Goalposts in Centre Field will be considered a ground rule single.
- Runners advance one base.
- If the pitcher touches the ball when it is hit into play, the batter is out, and base runners return to the base they were at before the play.
- There is a 10 run mercy rule. The losing team has one last at bat to close the gap. If they don't, the game ends. (10runs = ok, 11=game over)
- No bunting or you are out.
- Over throws get one base.
- Home plate is a force out. No Tag.
- DO NOT TOUCH home plate or the runner is out. Will only be enforced on plays at the plate.
- A forfeit will be applied if a team needs to borrow a player and/or have less than 6 players.
- Respect all officials and their calls.
- If there is knowledge of a no-show please contact the Sport Coordinator as soon as possible, so the competing team can be made aware.
- The Team Captain is responsible to inform his or her teammates of when they play.
- All players and officials MUST treat each other with respect at all times
- INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. If there is any pushing or excessive fouls - a team can be removed from the court and suffer an automatic loss.
- Any fighting will result in the removal of the entire team for which the players involved are part of.
- VIOLATIONS will result in removal from the league and/or all Intramural Sports.