Athletics & Recreation
|Begins:||Ice Hockey Returning Fall 2019|
|Days & Times:||TBD|
|Mandatory Team Rep Meeting:|
- There is a maximum of 17 players per team.
- Every Player must be a SMU student, faculty or staff.
- All players must supply their own gear. This includes a helmet.
- Each game will consist of 3, 10 minute stop time periods. The clock will run in any period if there is a lead of more than 5 goals or either both captains agree on it.
- There will be no centre red line observed for passes (two line pass) but will be observed for icing.
- Captains are the only people allowed to address the officials, when addressing officials, captains are to remain respectful.
- All rulings by the on ice official are final and protests will not be entertained.
- Any player incurring three penalties in one game will be ejected for the remaining of that game
- A high sticking penalty will result in a minor or major penalty. If a high stick results in an injury or the high stick was intention the player will be assessed a major penalty and automatic game misconduct. Also there will be a review by the intramural coordinator to see if further suspension will result from the incident.
- Checking from behind will result in either a minor or major penalty. This is assessed by the discretion of the referee. Both minor and major penalties will result in the player being removed from that game. Players receiving a major for checking from behind will also be suspended until told by the league coordinator what the length of their suspension will be.
- Any player incurring two intention major penalties in the run of the season will be ejected for the rest of the league. (This includes seeding tournament, regular season, and playoffs).
- No players are to be on the ice until the zamboni is off the ice and the doors are closed. This rule will be enforced all year.
- DEFAULTS: A team late or short of players has 5 minutes after the scheduled time before the opposing team captain has the option of winning the game by default or wait another 5 minutes. After these 5 minutes the opposing captains’ team will win by default.
- Three defaults during league and playoffs will result in a team being withdrawn without payment of default fees.
- Fighting will not be tolerated
- Suspensions for fighting will be as follows:
- 1st Fight: Player is suspended from league
- Team’s 3rd Fight: Team is suspended from league
Other rules to remember:
- NO touch icing
- Two line passes are allowed
- Each team is allowed one 30 second time out per game
- The games will be 3-10 minute stop time periods
- Each minor penalty is 2:00 minutes in length
- All players will compete in 50% of their regular season games in order to qualify for the playoffs. NOTE THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.
- Alcohol prior to and during games will not be tolerated.
- All new CHA rules will be in effect.