Athletics & Recreation
|Begins:||Tournament Date To Be Determined|
|Days & Times:||TBD|
|Mandatory Team Rep Meeting:|
|Coordinator Name:||Olivia Brasloff|
1. Maximum of 6 players and a minimum of 2 females (one of which must be from the team’s roster) on each team at the start of the game.
2. 6 standard IDA-approved balls (8.25” foam balls) are placed on the centerline in two groups of 3. Each group of 3 is placed at opposite ends of the centerline, in front of the referees.
3. Opening Rush: Players must be touching the back line at the start of the game. After the starting countdown of “3, 2, 1 Dodgeball!” teams approach the centerline to retrieve the balls.
4. Teams can only take the 3 balls to their right initially.
5. Balls must touch the back line before they are live. The ball is dead otherwise.
6. Players attempt to eliminate opponents by hitting them with balls or catching their throws. If a player is hit with a live ball, that player is out.
7. Eliminated players line up against the designated wall or on the sideline, which is to be announced at the start of the games, next to the referees, according to the order of elimination. Once a ball is caught an eliminated player may return back to the court.
8. Players are to play by the honour system. If in doubt, player should call themselves out.
9. Play continues until one team is eliminated.
10. Referee can pause the game at any point by saying, "Stop." At that point, all events after and during are void.
- The game restarts with remaining players against their respective walls with ball possession retained, but all ball counts are restarted.
- All balls on the ground remain where they lay.
- Referees restart the game by a countdown of "3, 2, 1, Dodgeball!"