Athletics & Recreation
Fall Indoor Badminton
|Entry Deadline:||Friday, September 15th, 2017|
|Begins:||September 21, 2017 to November 17, 2017|
|Days & Times:||Thursdays, 8pm to midnight|
|Mandatory Team Rep Meeting:|
|Coordinator Name:||Svetlana Negoda|
- Every Player must be SMU student, faculty or staff.
- Equipment will be provided. Although you a welcome to bring along your own if you like, i.e. racquet and balls.
- Males and females will be competing in the same draw.
- Each match will be played as a best 2 out of 3 games.
- A game shall be won by the player first scoring 11 points. Unless both players score 10 points, when the game shall be won by the first player gaining a lead of 2 points.
- The right to choose the initial order of serving shall be decided by the flip of a coin.
- After every 2 points have been scored the receiving player will become the server and vice versa. Unless when both players score 10 points the server will be changed after every 1 point scored.
- A point penalty will be given if a player’s free hand touches the table during a rally.
- A point penalty will be given if a player uses foul language excessively. Failure to comply will result in a match forfeit.
- A forfeit will be applied if a player doesn’t show up for his/her scheduled game day (There will be a 15 Minute grace period).